cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Slower than usual speeds on Fibre 2

Go to solution

Hello,

Is there someone a bit more knowledgeable than customer service able to to explain to me how or why my line has become so poor in speeds. When I first opened the line many years ago I had a stable 68mbps for years then a line fault caused a drop in my speeds to 51 to 55mbps but they never recovered, I gave up chasing it and settled for what I had.

Recently I have encountered connection drop outs at home when running more than one device, on investigation my speeds are at 41mbps but after a tech visit with no issues found and no callback from customer service I am again at a loss on what to do to improve my speed.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

scortex_3-1683406476447.png

scortex_4-1683406846736.png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Slower than usual speeds on Fibre 2

Go to solution

Your line has been banded by DLM due to instability. Until the line fault is fixed your speed will not improve. You need an engineer visit to investigate the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks I will try to get help from bt, although my speeds are above the minimum the tech guy said they may not send the engineer.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

if you are not on digital voice have you checked your line for noise?

dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @scortex

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the slower speeds you're experiencing.  It looks like the profile has been banded from potential drops as the guys have pointed out.  Give my colleagues in the helpdesk a call on 0330 1234 150 and let us know how you get on chatting with them.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

scortex_0-1683578949732.png

Thankyou for the replies, I am going through the process with BT and awaiting a callback again.

I would suspect line issues being the culprit, although quiet the attenuation has increased a bit since my last post(not that I know very much about it).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

The hub has just had a firmware update hence the short connection time

Did you try the quiet line test? It should be silent

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
*Update*
Hi,
After an Openreach visit today, a few tests, a little connection refresh at the cabinet and a cap removal the speeds have improved. On a plus note my ping has halved so I hope whatever the issue was It wont resurface.

Thanks for the helpful info.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

That's great news @scortex.

Long may it continue.

Thanks for updating us.

DanielS

0 Ratings