cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Speed increase

If I bought the 76bps package but was only receiving around 40mbps. What would an engineer do  to increase that speed to the 76mbps?

Would the engineer change something in the green box? 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Speed increase

if you currently can only get 40mb and unless your attainable speed shown in hub stats is far higher than 55mb then moving to fibre 2 will not help your speed  moving to fibre 2 just removes the 55mb cap and moves it to 80mb but you only see benefit if your line is capable of faster

enter your phone number and post results 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

My line is capable of fibre 2. I currently get speeds of 78mbps however before my engineer visit, I was only getting between 40-60mbp so I want to know what the engineer did to increase my speeds and lower my ping.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

if the engineer was there fixing a fault possible causing connection problems then I would expect that engineer had the DLM reset which would start your connection like new hence speed returned to expected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

the engineer came to fix the problem of the internet disconnecting every time the telephone rang. All that was needed was a micro filter to be added but he changed the master socket and my speeds increased to the guaranteed speeds of 76mbps but this has caused issues with online gaming so I'm trying to figure out what exactly has been done and see if it can be reversed as my gaming is awful now whereas before the engineer visit it was exceptional.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

all the disconnection had resulted in the DLM taking action to stabilise your connection by increasing noise margin and reducing connection speed and in certain circumstances your connection would be put in banded profile

as the engineer solved the problem of disconnections he then had your line reset which got you out of the banding and your speed back to how it should be.  there would be no other changes but with DLM reset you need to let connection settle and find what is best for your line

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Okay so since this issue ive tried Sky, Talk Talk and BT again and these are my findings: on the day of installation, I receive around 50-60mbps with a ping of around 20-24ms and my online gaming is brilliant, its responsive and theres no issues however after a few days (Im assuming the line stabilises) the speed goes up to 76mbps and the ping goes down to 6ms and online gaming becomes awful and goes back to its unplayable state. Even though the speeds are going up, its not actually 'best for my line' because gaming is unplayable so is there a way for maybe me to increase the noise margin/reduce connection speed/ be put in the banded profile/ keep the speeds of 50-60mbps and ping 24ms rather than having the line stabilise to 76mbps? THIS IS WHAT I NEED HELP ON!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

no

all of that is controlled b the DLM automatically   are you using an ethernet connection not wifi

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/FTTC-DLM-What-it-is-How-it-works/ba-p/1322799

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

DLM is an automatic process, there is nothing anybody can do to change things. It has probably put your line on interleaving which it may change to fastpath after a few days once it has had chance to analyse your line characteristics.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Well I've had this issue for 3 years so...
0 Ratings