cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Switch to full fibre - solid orange lights

I made the switch to full fibre and had the installation yesterday. Engineer was happy with everything - all lights on the ONT are solid green except 'alarm'

Switched the full fibre option on via the hub.

He then did the final check and found that it has no internet service. The hub lights up solid orange. He said wait 24 hours and try to call BT. They have said I might need a new router but didn't sound convinced it would work. Me and my gf both work from home so we really need this sorted as soon as possible. 

Are there any moderators that can help?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Switch to full fibre - solid orange lights

Your previous post says to have a purple flashing light, now you say  it's solid orange?

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/what-do-the-lights-on-my-bt-hub-...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Apologies, yes - I initially retried the older DSL copper connection (and turned off the fibre setting on the hub admin) - it was then that it was flashing purple.

After that didn't work, I tried again with the fibre ethernet cable (and turned on the full fibre option). It's been on solid orange since then. Have tried to reset a couple of times but no change. 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Solid orange means your service hasn't been activated by BT. You need to call customer services

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

I called BT and they said everything was ok at their end. That's why they want to send a router. I honestly have no idea if that's the case or not. 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

@licquorice 

Do we know if the FTTP team still exists? If so do you have the number to hand?

@Padston 

Calling BT's general number is likely to be as productive as asking your cat/dog/goldfish...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

I can assure you a new router won't fix it, despite what BT say your service hasn't been correctly activated.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

@rbz5416 not sure if the FTTP team still exist, the number is 0800 587 4787 if it does

Message 9 of 15

@rbz5416 ha, yeah! 

They seemed nice enough but not very helpful 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

@licquorice yeah even they didn't seem convinced. Just going through the motions. It's annoying because I now can't do anything until that arrives next week.

0 Ratings