cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Sync speed dropping

Hi

I recently started having issues with my broadband it normally syncs about 50 down but the other week it dropped and synced back at around 30 then it slowly went back to around 44 where it has stayed. Last night it dropped again and re synced at around 30. 

Can anyone look at my line  for issues?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sync speed dropping

this is a customer help customer community forum and your post does not go to BT

Can you check for noise on phone line  - dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone.  any noise report phone fault to CS 151 or 0800800151from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your comment but I have digital voice so this wouldn't work.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

if you have DG then post hub stats from advanced settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @andrewtjb and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're seeing a drop in the connection speed. Can you post the details @imjolly has asked for and we'll try to help you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@DavidM 

Sorry for late reply but here's my current router stats.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 001828.png

Its gone up slightly but still below what it normally is.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for replying back with your Hub stats @andrewtjb

Sorry that your broadband connection speed is slower than what you normally get.  I see the noise margin on the downstream is higher than normal which would reduce the overall speed.  I also see you've mentioned that you have been experiencing drops and the noise margin would increase to combat the drops & stabilise the connection.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details, and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings