cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Tele pole that supplies our online business is being replaced

Go to solution

Hi we are a business in Nottingham, and the telegraph pole outside our offices, from which we have three fibre lines, is being replaced. I am sure this is necessary probably due to end-of-life of the pole. However, the cost and inconvenience of it being done during the week in office hours is unfathomable. We have been given a very short notice period for this work and the task of changing our infrastructure is immense and also requires more time than that has been allowed. Is there an alternative method of keeping existing connections going , even if only temporarily, during the pole replacement work? I estimate we have around 40 businesses trading over these three lines.  These businesses would collectively turnover around £200m pa, so even an afternoon would be very costly. Any suggestions on how we can get this work done over a weekend? Or how to get a temporary solution? Would be gratefully received. We also have many underground lease lines, but as I have mentioned, switching to these is not a quick task due to a zillion IP addresses and many security hoops. T 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Tele pole that supplies our online business is being replaced

Go to solution

This is a BT Retail forum which has no connection with Openreach who will be doing the work that you are referring to.

If you are a BT Business customer you should post on that forum

Home - BT Business Community

and if you are not a BT Business user you should contact your ISP but I suspect the answer will be that it is down to Openreach when they are doing the work.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Tele pole that supplies our online business is being replaced

Go to solution
Thank you
0 Ratings