cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

URGENT:My broadband line has been cut and I cannot get in touch with BT by phone to ask for engineer

Hi, I am having my house painted and I have lost my broadband connection and Sky.  There was a line coming from the top of the house which my painter has cut, so I am presuming this is the broadband line?

I have tried to get in touch with BT by phone, but just get sent a text which say they will try and resolve this by next Wednesday, but the error says slow broadband.  My sister works from home and relies on the internet.

Is there any way of getting in touch with a real person to book an engineer?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: URGENT:My broadband line has been cut and I cannot get in touch with BT by phone to ask for engi

Call BT 0800.800.150. Just so that you are aware, because it has been cut by a contactor there will no doubt be a fee to reconnect it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: URGENT:My broadband line has been cut and I cannot get in touch with BT by phone to ask for engi

OK, thanks.  I will give it a go.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I have called this number and I still cannot speak to an advisor.  It just tells me to text FAULT and they will check the line.  They have already done this and the fault is coming up as a slow connection.  I need an engineer but cannot get in touch with a real person.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

The quickest way is to use the service as per the above thread. If a fault is identified on the part of the network that Openreach are responsible for, an engineer will be booked for the earliest available time and date.

I'd imagine that no priority will be given to the fault due to how it occurred and it's highly likely a charge will be raised.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

It might be worth reporting it as a phone fault instead. That should be seen as a hard fault rather than impacted service, so may receive a faster response. What you really don't want is for the "engineer" to be a home tech person who comes out to look at "slow broadband", only to very that the line is cut before it's handed to Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I did call again this afternoon and selected the option of  leaving BT.  After finally speaking to an advisor, they told me to call Open Reach. When I called them, they said I needed to talk to BT.  I don't care if I have to pay, I just need it fixing.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

You could also try an online report of the damage to Openreach:

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@MelMills wrote:

I did call again this afternoon and selected the option of  leaving BT.  After finally speaking to an advisor, they told me to call Open Reach. When I called them, they said I needed to talk to BT.  I don't care if I have to pay, I just need it fixing.

Why would you choose to speak to the retentions team?

Report it as a phone fault (no dial tone) don't mention anything else and let the engineer resolve the problem and then deal with the charges as a result of their report when they discover the cause of the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @MelMills and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having problems getting the line problem sorted. @licquorice is correct. Your best bet would be to report a line fault. If you're having trouble getting it reported let me know and I'll lend a hand.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings