cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unbreakable Wi-Fi broken (Halo 3+)

Arrived home to find no internet connection.

Smart Hub has a blue light

Hybrid connect has two blue bars signal and flashing red light

What am i supposed to do in this situation.

I rebooted hub followed by hybrid connect to get things going, but thought that the bt router with the EE hybrid connect was supposed to be unbreakable!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unbreakable Wi-Fi broken (Halo 3+)

If the hub had a blue light it means it hadn't lost the DSL signal which is the trigger for the hybrid to kick in which is why it didn't.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Richard2016

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry you're having problems.  Can you give us a little more info on what's not connecting for you?  Is it just the one device?

With the light on the Hub being blue - this doesn't indicate a fault and it's the colour it should be when the broadband is connected.  If the broadband was to drop/disconnect and the light changed from blue - that's where the Hybrid Connect would kick in to give you that unbreakable connection.

Please post back and one of the guys will help you further.

Thanks.

Robbie.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

When I found this problem nothing would connect to the smart hub. No wifi for phone or computers and no connection to computer plugged into hub via ethernet cable.

The hybrid connect flashing red and meaning that it cannot connect to the hub seemed to have been preventing anything else from connecting to the hub. The only advice in the hub leaflet is to move the hub closer or connect via ethernet cable. But it was already cable connected!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for posting back @Richard2016

Strange issue!  Sorry again for the connection problems.  Did you restart your Smart Hub and is everything connected again now?

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Yes, firstly I powered off the hybrid connect, this did not help with connections to the hub.

Next I powered off/on the hub and waited for it to reconnect ant this time devices connected OK.

Finally I powered the hybrid connect back on which has now connected to the hub with a steady blue light.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Richard2016

Thanks for confirming.  Great to see you're up and running again. Sorry for the hiccup.

If you ever need a hand in future or have a question about your BT services, feel free to come back on here as you're more than welcome.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings