cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Unfixable fault. Want to cancel Broadband!.

Hello, 

I'm a fairly new BT customer. Was with Virgin Media for 20+ years but decided to switch to BT in early November, Oh boy that was a huge mistake!!.. Since it was installed. I've had 6 engineers out, and right now im waiting for a callback to rage at some poor guy on the phone as its been off twice again in the last hour, Im trying to play an online game and my wife is tryning to watch netflix but because its raining its on and off.  In my 20 years with Virgin Media i had 4 engineers out in total.. T

Quite frankly im sick of it now.. I want to cancel because its without a doubt the worst service i have ever recieved in my life!.. Im only 5(ish) months in to a 2 year contract and im not willing to give them a penny in compensation for early termination!. where do i stand because im not getting a service im paying for?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Unfixable fault. Want to cancel Broadband!.

You would need to raise a complaint with BT and go through the complaints process. If the fault can not be fixed you then need to ask request that you are released from your contract without penalty. If for any reason BT do not agree to that you ask for a deadlock letter and go to the Ombudsman for a decision.

Do not refuse/fail to pay your monthly charges while this is going on or you will be listed as a defaulter and it will affect your credit rating.

See links

Our complaints code of practice (bt.com)

Make a complaint | BT Help

Automatic Compensation | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Many thanks!. This was the information i was looking for!. 

Kind Regards

Mark!. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hi @Mark2910,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you've had problems with your connection from switching to BT. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at your connection and help you get it repaired. In the unlikely event that I can't repair the service, we can discuss what options are available.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi Paddy, 

I Spoke to a lovely lady on the phone today after filing a complaint and she agreed that its fair to release me from my contract, She went back and saw the 6 times ive had engineers out and how the issue is still happening!. Sadly i will probably be returning to Virgin Media as almost all other providers use the BT line and ours is clear broken. I get the feeling the engineers know whats wrong but replacing the line from the pole to my house must be a big task and they simply dont want to do it. 

thanks for your kind offer, 

best regards

Mark

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

So does Virgin Media not use the line on the pole to your house? If so, what do they use? Is there a buried cable connecting your house as well?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hi Chris, 

Yes its a copper cable running to the house. 

Mark

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

@chrisjp  The Virgin network is completely separate from the Openreach network.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Ahh...thanks. Out here in the sticks where I live we don't have the luxury of an alternative network, just one Openreach copper cable from a pole to my house!
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

@Mark2910wrote:

right now im waiting for a callback to rage at some poor guy on the phone as its been off twice again in the last hour

I would not advise doing that, it's not the poor guys fault and BT/EE have a very low tolerance for abuse, they will quite rightly terminate your account, without notice and with early termination fees, you can also in some circumstances get a full ban, which means no Openreach provider will provide you a service.

0 Ratings