cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Upgrading FTTC to FTTP and old Smart Hub 2 to 'new' Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

My current ("old") Smart Hub 2 is at firmware level v0.33.00.12274-BT  and according to the router page, was updated today.

I have an upgrade booked for 2nd September to move to Full Fibre 900.  I have been sent a 'new' Smart Hib 2.

If I export the settings from the old hub, can I import them Ok into the new hub?  It would be far easier to just use the old hub but not sure if it would work Ok with the new FTTP protocols!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Upgrading FTTC to FTTP and old Smart Hub 2 to 'new' Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

check your existing SH2 by going to advanced settings then technical log information and see if you can turn FTTP on.  if so then hub ok 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Indeed I have!!  So it's just a case of changing that toggle switch and I'll be good to go on the new line that is being installed (in a different room to the current router and the current copper cable is remaining for the telephone as we're not going DV (yet anyway!))

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

yes you just toggle to 'on' and reset hub so change takes affect and good to go.  surprised that you are not having to move to DV with installation of FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@Mr_Incredible 

If you upgrade to FTTP, you would normally have to use BT Digital Voice, or choose to have no phone service.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

They had an issue with setting up the upgrade order in that in both their system and my online account showed that there were no FTTP packages available for me, but doing the online checker with Openreach showed there was.  I was told the only way to get the facility to upgrade was by cancelling my account and creating a new one for the Full Fibre order to go through.  But in doing so I was told I would lose my landline number.  I said that was unacceptable.  So for now I am having FTTP for broadband Fibre 900 and keeping the copper line for the landline.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Provided that Openreach do not disconnect, or need to disconnect, your copper pair, in order to run the fibre cable.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

In response to your qustion about using hubs stting. You can not import setting from one hub to another.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
"Provided that Openreach do not disconnect, or need to disconnect, your copper pair, in order to run the fibre cable."

How could I confirm this ahead of the install date? I was not at all comfortable with the knowledge and assuredness with which the BT person went about sorting this for me. As it was I was on the phone for over 1h 20 mins getting it sorted!
Probably worth a call to reconfirm!
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@Mr_Incredible 

if you go to MYBT what does your order confirmation show is being done?

0 Ratings