cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: What Mess is New EE (BT/EE)

Go to solution
I totally agree with you am just a residential customer but am unwilling to move to Ee so if worst comes to worst Ill just transfer over to there business platform that is being unaffected.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

@david39ni 

Just be aware that the BT Business platform uses IP phones, if you need a phone connection, there is no access to the socket on the back of the Smart Hub.

If you are still in contract with BT Residential, then you can transfer to BT Business, and any outstanding contract due, is refunded.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

Having looked at this thread. Can someone simply explain what happens if I decide to change from my current BT Retail Residential Landline and FTTC product to a FTTP product? Will I no longer be a BT customer and need to move to EE? And therefore sever my 45 years plus ties with a company  I used to work for (albeit EE being part of BT Group), and forfeiting being able to contribute on these forums and what not?

Or is BT Retail still alive and kicking and my move to FTTP would be with them rather than EE?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

@pddco 

From what I can see, FTTP is available from BT Retail, but if you want faster than 900Mbs, you have to go to EE.

Customer services (sales), will always persuade you to move to EE, as I suspect they get commission on each migration.

You would need to insist that you want to stay with BT Retail.

If your FTTC connection is fast enough for what you need, then stay as you are.

Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

@pddco 

The simple answer is that no one seems to know what's going on.

The initial announcement was that all BT residential customers would be gradually moved to EE & BT would become a solely business provider. Then it transpired that there no mechanism to transfer those with BT TV. Then it emerged that 1.6GB wasn't available on transfer either. Since then it's been a complete pigs ear.

The current scenario seems to now be that BT will continue as a consumer brand, possibly for the lower value customers. You can supposedly opt to stay with BT at renewal, but it's abundantly clear that BT staff are heavily incentivised to get you to transfer. To the apparent point of lies & deceit in order to achieve that.

Attempting this while in the middle of the DV migration, with all the challenges around that, would seem is either very brave or very stupid. It's looking more like the latter by the day.

So my understanding is that you should be able to remain with BT, but you may have to be very insistent. If there's an option to do the upgrade online, then that's probably the safest route.

Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe @rbz5416 

Thanks both. My move to FTTP is more for a practical reason. I mean 70Mbps is more than enough for me. We are thinking of having a new drive, and thought it a good opportunity to get fibre in now before the drive is laid. 

Seems like I’ll have to have my wits about me when speaking to - possibly commission driven - EE customer sales teams then!

Saying that, I can’t agree with @rbz5416 ‘s “lies and deceit” .  Really? It’s a bit too strong for me. 

I’d imagine the best hook for them is if I wanted update my package to mobile too. Which I don’t fortunately. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

@pddco 

Anecdotal evidence suggests that your desire to keep your mobile with BT may also be trumped by the agent's desire to earn the commission for migrating that too. Is there not an option to upgrade to FTTP in your MyBT?

Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

@pddco 

It depends on how your existing FTTC is delivered, if its overhead, then the fibre will take the same route.

There is no need to move to FTTP, as FTTC is going to be around for many years, and its unlikely that your exchange is going to be FTTP only, where there are fibre cabinets installed.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

@rbz5416
MyBT? Good point. I’ll have a look. Maybe the less confrontational option. 😁

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Sorry Keith didn’t say. Fibre has been rolled out. There’s new provision on poles around the town and on parts of my estate. But it just so happens we’re UG fed. Wished it were OH to be honest as it would make siting of the ONT more favourable. 

0 Ratings