cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

What is the 'MOD' Team. ?

Hi All , @DavidM @JohnC2 @DanielS @PaddyB @RobbieMac 

Im banging my head against a wall with the BT Tech Support , my upload speed is being throttled , now I can't access my hub config page , tried resetting the router and thats made no difference at all.

I explained that I needed to speak to someone in the 'MOD' team and they just practically laughed and said thats for military use only!! WTF??

Then tried to explain that a parameter setting need to be sent to the hub over CWMP and I might as well have been speaking Swahili 😞

Any advice or answers would be great.

Lou

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: What is the 'MOD' Team. ?

The MOD TEAM are as all group of BT EMPLOYEES who moderate the forum and help if forum members are unable to assist

BT Do not throttle connections so your problem is elsewhere

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi There, 

I'm using FTTP not ADSL , so shouldn't be an issue.

If I connect my Mac direct to the internet via PPOE and bypass the router the speeds are perfect 912/112 , so the fault as always seems to lay with the shoddy SH2. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

So your Internet connection speed is OK so I assume the problem is download speed which is not guaranteed  are you using ethernet or WiFi when you have download problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It seems to me that the OP is experiencing the quite common problem of the SH2 restriction of upload speeds to 50Mb , the ‘fix’ seems to be to leave the SH2 connected and it will eventually be corrected ( this isn’t throttling by the usual definition ) …the Mods do occasionally offer to get this fix pushed through individually , if the automated process fails.
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Loutiffwilson,

I am sorry for the response that you got when you called in. The person that you spoke with seems to have thought that you were talking about a team for the Ministry of Defence.

I'd like my team to look into this for you and see if we can get things moving. We can be reached through an invite. I'm going to send you one now through your private messages

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings