cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Who to talk to about getting Broadband

So frustration has led me to hear and hoping someone can assist…..

I live in a rural village in Wales that was upgraded to high speed Broadband by BT Openreach a while back - this was before I lived here but the house I now occupy chose not to have it.

Many of the houses in the village are connected and I am aware of some that have been connected quite recently, I have spoken to a number of BT engineers who have visited to install/work on lines and they have all confirmed there are no reasons why I cannot get it my house.  There is plenty of room at the local exchange and I just need to get it fed to my house from one of the poles in the village.

Problem is no matter who I talk to at BT they only see the database that says I cannot have it - I need to get through to someone who works ‘beyond the script’ at first line who can actually confirm it is possible and will get it sorted for me.

Can anyone provide a number/email address for someone or a team who can assist please as no matter what I try I just get the same stock answer.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Who to talk to about getting Broadband

Try the FTTP team 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @LeighB,

I'm sorry to see that we can't currently place an order for FTTP for you.

Do you know if your address with us, BT, matches how it's written on the Royal Mail Postcode Finder?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi Daniel

Yes I believe it is the same though it’s a small village where we all share the same postcode and half the houses have very similar names lol !

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for posting back @LeighB

What does it show when you enter your details here? >>  Broadband availability checker <<

Post a screenshot of your results and remember to remove any personal info before doing so.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

This is what I get....

IMG_0012.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for posting back with that info @LeighB

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Many thanks Robbie, I have replied.