cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

brodband droping

Hi guys hope someone can advise so I've never had my stay fast gareentee dispute openreach saying my line is fine also getting drop outs randomly some times 5 days up some times not even a day so I've got hold of a draytek 2762 been connected 48 hours just wondering if these fec errors look too hi I no fec are errors that have been corrected but I wonder what a good line vs bad line should be

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: brodband droping

errors.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

i have a master soket 5c with vdsl mk4 faceplate no extensions
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

tones.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Re: broadband dropping

@Danbadman 

That master socket is known to give problems, and maybe the cause of the disconnections.

As mentioned https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M6775

You need to connect things up as shown below, and see if you still get disconnections. Leave it like that for a few days.

NTE 5C Test socket check

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thank you sooo much for this information 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi I can not thank you enough I did as you suggested and in last 24 hours my fecs are less than half what they was I'm surprised the openrech engineers didn't tell me to do this one question is it ok to leave it in that test soket I won't get in trouble sorry if that's silly question and thanks again 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

You can leave it like that. It does reduce the number of interconnections to one, and eliminates any possible faults on the circuit board, which has a lot of components on it.

0 Ratings