cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

delays changing FTTH to bt from vodafone

Go to solution

Hi,

I wonder whether anybody has been stuck like this before?

I was on vodafone's 500Mbps opernreach service and didn't like the price. So, I thought, good old bt will give me the same service but a better deal.

Smart-hub2 duly arrived and was plugged into the existing ONT.

Connection day came and went - the smarthub's diagnostics keep repeating the same thing every 5seconds - sending a PADI.

And now I've had a text from the BT 'Order Management Team' telling me they need to do a survey outside the house.

This sounds like a complete waste of time given I know the fibre is absolutely fine, it's some configuration problem somewhere.

So the question is, is there any way I can contact somebody in that BT and tell them they're wasting their time? I have an unhappy family with revision to do and I would quite like this to be resolved ASAP - especially as it looks like it should take somebody who understands 10 minutes to fix, but the text says it can take up to 30 days for something that's completely pointless.

All suggestions welcome!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: delays changing FTTH to bt from vodafone

Go to solution

try phoning the FTTP team 08005874787 and see if they can help you.  If you get redirected to CS then hang up and try again bit later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion...

... but after a couple of automated menus I've been sent a text to reply to, I didn't have a chance to speak to anybody. So I've replied 'FAULT' because its broadband, but I fear I'm on the wrong script.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @ed2000 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry there has been an issue activating your BT full-fibre broadband. Is your Vodafone router still connecting? I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderators with your details and we'll be happy to check what's happening.

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Neil, I’ve relied to your message.

Re the old vf box - I swapped it out before changeover day, didn’t want to swap it back in case that clashed with openreach doing something.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

For general info, I tried swapping back to the old vf modem - and it does still work. So something in the changeover has gone wrong, given vf told me they were disconnecting at 1am on changeover day.

I’ll put the new bt one back on the line now - but does anybody know whether leaving the old vf one connected would cause any problems? I’m currently shelling out for a load of mobile data to tide the family over, but it’s not cheap or convenient.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

If the Vodafone is still working, leave it connected, it won't interfere with anything

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks licquorice, that’s good to know.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Well I don’t know what you did Neil, but it all came to life about 24h later.

Thanks very much for your help.

For anybody following this - when it came up it was with a new phone number. But I received and activation email with what looked like a standard help number - that did put me straight through to somebody that could restore the old number. Which looks like it should happen in a few days.

So I can now relax for another 24 months until the contract renewal comes round.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know this is sorted @ed2000

All the best

David

0 Ratings