cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

my entire road has FTTP but me

Go to solution

My entire street is able to get FTTP and whatever with gigabit internet but we are unable to 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: my entire road has FTTP but me

Go to solution

@tsharn 

This is a public forum, please edit your screenshots to remove all the personal address details.

Only Openreach would know why you cannot get it, but its probably because you are in a flat.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

as @Keith_Beddoe  posted probable reason you live in a flat and the others do not

try   https://www.openreach.com/broadband-network/fibre-availability

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/when-to-get-in-touch-with-openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

I suspect because the OR database appears to have seven entries for that building. The RM database appears correct so I believe you need an ORDI request raised with Openreach. This can only be done through an ISP so if you already have service, ask you provider to get Openreach to update their records to match RM.

But if rented, there could also be issues with the landlord objecting to installation, or you may need to provide their written consent.

But definitely get the OR database fixed as a first step. So 136 as a standalone address & ground, first & second floor flats all need to be purged.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

thanks for the help! I contacted OR and they said it may be because the address is listed 7 times over and that they will update it and i should see change within the next few days or so.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Surprising the OR deigned to speak to you as a lowly end user but sounds promising. Fingers crossed...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hopefully they are now realising that these sort of problems (database problems and in-fill problems) need extra attention as the simple fibre enquiry 'when will fibre be available' is not sufficient; they are the only ones who can investigate such problems on behalf of end users.

Trying to make these sort of enquiries through ISPs sounds good in theory but wasn't working.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

Openreach can talk to you about getting your address put on their system. I had to do it when my address (That I used to live at) wasn't on their systems, so I couldn't order internet. The ISP gave me a phone number to call Openreach on. She just typed it in the computer and said "ok", then when I went back to the ISP I found that I could proceed with the order.

( No, I didn't keep the phone number sadly 😕 )

Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

There seems to be an assumption here that Openreach decided themselves , that speaking to consumers was something they didn’t want to do , and it was them that insisted that consumers in all instances contact their communication provider who will , if necessary, contact OR ….that couldn’t be further from the truth, companies like Sky and Talk Talk lobbied the regulator Ofcom to have Openreach separated from BT and that OR not be allowed to speak directly with ‘their’ ( that is Sky and TT ) customers, paranoid that if OR did speak to Sky or TT customers, that OR would effectively be a cheerleader for BT , and denigrating the CP the consumer was using , absolutely nonsense of course , but it was the rationale Sky and TT ( and everyone else ) used , Ofcom agreed with Sky and TT .

Ofcom set up the way the industry is , if you don’t like the fact that OR don’t ( generally ) speak to consumers, then apportion blame accordingly,  after a few years and  much consumer feedback about the limitations of this approach, OR floated the idea with Ofcom  , that in certain limited circumstances that OR could speak directly with CP ( communication providers ) customers, Ofcom asked the ‘industry’ what they thought , BT said , Yes no problem , everyone else said absolutely not .

Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
  • OFCOM have therefore given too much weight to the (not BT) ISPs argument and not enough to the customers interests. The (not BT) ISPs are demonstrably  incapable of managing comms on complex infrastructure issues to end users and are just an impediment.
0 Ratings