cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

BT Mail. Failed to retrieve email content

Last few days cannot open any emails on mobile in BT Mail app, even though the app opens as normal, and the email headings are displayed. Nor can my wife. Just says 'Failed to retrieve email content'. Tried my phone, my wife's phone, my spare phone - all different models! Changed wifi, and changed to mobile data - make no difference. Tried updating the app on each phone as well. I can however retrieve them through an online login. But that is very tedious on a phone! Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: BT Mail. Failed to retrieve email content

Download and use Bluemail app or your phones own email app which will be a far better ap than the BTMail app that you are using.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

Hi @Beejoo thanks for posting, do you have an active BT broadband service or pay for a premium mail subscription?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Hi. Thanks for your advice. Tried Bluemail, but it doesn't have any way of connecting to a *@btinternet.com address. And my Samsung doesn't have an inbuilt email app that I can find. I've tried other free apps, but none so far will connect to my BT email address.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Hi. Yes, I'm on BT Broadband. I've tried their helpline, but was told they don't handle issues with mobile phones!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

• I have the same issue I open the message and it says failed to retrieve message content. So does my husband. We have access through BT broadband.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

Did you find a solution?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

No.  BT mail app is still saying failed to retrieve mail content. Tried re booting phone etc but nothing works. Can access emails via my phones mail app which is not as good as the BT one and can log in on BT.com web address. But that only takes one user at a time so my husband, who has the same issue, can't use it at the same time.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Exactly the same for me!

Does anyone else have a solution please?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

@Beejoo wrote:

Hi. Thanks for your advice. Tried Bluemail, but it doesn't have any way of connecting to a *@btinternet.com address. And my Samsung doesn't have an inbuilt email app that I can find. I've tried other free apps, but none so far will connect to my BT email address.

I have a Samsung phone and tablet and I use Bluemail on both of them and both of them also came with an email app pre-installed by Samsung. The app icon is red with a white envelope in the centre and is called Email.

They should both set up automatically if you follow the prompts but if for any reason you require server settings they are as per the following link.

BT Email server settings | BT Help

0 Ratings