cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Mobile Ends

Well at least to new customers. Following on from the discontinuation of handset deals, SIMO has now also been withdrawn. Cheapest EE deal seems to be £9pm month as opposed to the £7 that was available on BT, albeit with more data.

Cheapest deal including the Sport app is now £28 instead of £15.

All contracts now 24 months instead of 12. 😞

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Mobile Ends

I noticed that earlier, could they make it any less attractive to new customers? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@stereohaven I think that's the point. Make it unattractive and push to EE. BT Retail will be rebranded to EE in a few years anyway.

Tbh I was nudged to EE and I got a really good deal... Pixel6a, £10 up front, no speed caps, unlimited minutes and texts, 15GB doubled for having Halo £24.95 per month + 10% discount for having BT Broadband...

Message 4 of 6

I understand the transfer to EE as a new brand, I just meant that 10 GB of data for £9 a month on a 2 year contract with built in price rises is perhaps not that attractive to potential new customers.

So if that is the intention, it’s definitely a winner! 😁

Unless you are adamant you need to use the EE network, the same money gets you 15 - 50GB currently on a 30 day SIM only contract from other providers. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It's a real shame that BT are not continuing, less competion in the market and EE must spend a fortune on advertising, that we seem to be paying for with less choice. I always feel its better and cheaper to buy the phone unless you love samsung or apple. I bought the pixel 6a for 240 with trade in and have a family sim for 11.50 mnth with 30gb data and unlimited calls and texts. contract ends April 2023. Will now have to shop around it wont be with EE though.

Message 6 of 6

Terrible decision in my opinion, (although clearly i am looking at it from my own pocket) the nearest EE offering to our family SIMs costs £40.50 where as our Family SIMs cost £28.41, a £145 a year increase is a big enough incentive to look at the other networks that's for sure.