cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Bt Abroad

I am currently in US. My by mobile is not able to make or receive calls. Have checked that I have signal and that international roaming is enabled. I had a 35 minute call from another phone (a friends US phone) with BT in UK but no solution. Any thoughts most welcome and solution needed urgently. Thanks.

PS the message I get when I dial a uk no is “the system is busy… please try later”

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt Abroad

Have you also set the international spend limit to greater than £0 say £5. You need that even with data roaming

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yes the spend is well above that.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Failing the spend cap checks, try turning off the roaming option on MyBT and saving it. It should give you a message saying it takes 30 mins I think to save. Let that do its thing and then do the opposite and turn it back on. once that finishes restart your handset and try again.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that- stopped roaming, waited, restarted it , turned phone on and off. Still the same message- “ system is busy ….” And still not able to dial out or get incoming calls. Checked the spend limits too.

any other ideas? Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Have you tried other networks? I think AT&T is normally preferred but you may be able to connect to other networks and see if that helps?
0 Ratings