cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Cancelling DD prior to contract end he

If it’s anything like keeping our “free BT Email service”, it’ll takes ages to resolve.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

I can't be the only one wondering why this is such an issue. You'll be billed normally (ie a month in advance) while services remain active. Once a service is cancelled a final bill is produced within 7 days with any refunds sent back to the bank account (if a direct debit is setup), that's all

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Sorry just seen this. What is far from clear, is what/when the “service is cancelled “. Ie zYou get an email saying your contract is up on x. (23/8) However, your data  is renewed on y. (18/8), with a view to another payment going out on z, (26 Aug) 

In other words, BT do nothing until client terminates, switches etc. Thus I found it a tad confusing when folk were advising me to wait for “final bill”. Er, looks like you could wait for ages for this to appear. 

Can’t be just moi, surely?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Hi

Update. Should have known this process would go t#ts up with BT. I followed transfer to letter, pac code etc. Then get standard BT email 19 Aug advising I would be charged £0.70 for stopping service early. Final bill would be with me within seven days.  (Sky service commenced 19 Aug, with first bill 31 Aug)

I then find BT have deducted another full month on 26 Aug.  I know (hope) this will be adjusted, but worry it won’t. Also  couldn’t speak to person when I phoned them initially. 

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Nothing has went wrong. Your final bill is still to be produced by the sounds of it

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

I just hope they don’t expect me to pay BT and Sky for the same month of service, when that is only provided by the latter.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Hi Update

Had email from BT on 31 Aug confirming £17 refund due following end of service. This was meant to be credited to my account on 7 Sept but no sign of it. 

Can someone escalate on here please.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Was your direct debit still in place when the refund amount was given? If not then it’ll be on its way as a cheque.

does MyBT show your account still in credit, as you could request the refund yourself from there.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Thanks. I cancelled DD when I saw that BT deducted another month. (Worried it would carry on infinitum) I’m on holiday now, so hopefully cheque at home.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

Hi “again again”

Back home now and no sign of cheque. Should I give it another few days before chasing? (Link in BT email said refund made 7 Sept)

Thanks

Can’t log in using MyBT app as account terminated.

0 Ratings