cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Changing my mobile phone handset - bought independently

Go to solution

I have searched the community but couldn't find this.  I have a SIM-only mobile contract with BT until July of this year.  I think that the handset may have been on a BT device + air-time contract previously, but I don't change my handset very often, and I think BT allowed me to keep my old handset and move to SIM-only after the handset was a few years old.

I now want to buy a new handset.  I want to keep my dealings with BT as simple as possible, because I hate not being able to speak to real people or email real people.  So I will buy a new handset outright from Apple.  It will have the same size SIM as my current handset (I will make sure of that).  Can I just move the SIM from old handset to new?  Do I even need to tell BT - which doubtless wouldn't be easy?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Changing my mobile phone handset - bought independently

Go to solution

Yes. No need to overthink things or contact them, a sim only is exactly that a sim to use in whatever phone you want

Message 3 of 3

Re: Changing my mobile phone handset - bought independently

Go to solution

If you are lucky everything will happen automatically, if not then all you need are the settings found here: https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/getting-set-up/setting-up-a-phone-and-features/how-do-i-manually-set-...
Its all pretty simple and easy to follow!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!