cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Data usage

Husband and I (both very non techie) have sim only mobiles with BT, I have 1000 MB he has 200 GB (hope have written that right).  Our data resets on 23rd month, so did so on 23 June.  On 27 June we were both notified that we had used most of our data til 23 July.  Now on 24 June we were on a long coach trip to Scotland so certainly did use data listening to radio or podcasts on the way but would we really have used almost all of it in one or two days?  On arrival at our hotel we kicked into their internet. The thing I find strange is we apparently have both used up a similar percentage of data, yet his allowance is double mine.  Any thoughts please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Data usage

I don't know what sim only plans you have but yours is 1gb and could be used up but the 200gb I would find very doubtful and you probably have the figure wrong and need to check

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Sorry for the late reply to your post. I had this happen back in May and came on the forum to find this is happening to loads of us on BT Mobile. For me it happened again in June and August. BT claim its You Tube usage when I barely use it and I make sure data is switched off. I also back in June, so as not wanting to be caught out a 3rd time, disabled You Tube but it still happened again in August. Search "Excess Data Usage"  on this forum and you will see how many people it is happening too and BT deny it is anything wrong there end and that it must be the customers phone. 

Message 4 of 5

Many thanks for your interest
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Many thanks, I too do not use YouTube on my phone, so remains a mystery.
0 Ratings