cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Mobile wifi?

I’m with Bt and we’ve now got a camper. We’d like to watch films etc when out in the U.K.  I’d like to have a projector running from the phone. Do I need a wifi? If so what and how does it work etc? We’d only need it occasionally so is there something with BT that can give us this? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mobile wifi?

@Kerry1010 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

For mobile broadband you would need to look at the options that EE provide for 4G, assuming you can get mobile coverage where you park up. EE is part of the BT Group.

https://ee.co.uk/mobile/4gee-wifi-pay-as-you-go

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

you could just use ‘personal hotspot’ from your phone ( assuming you have good data allowance, as films use a lot of data ).

you can still purchase a data add on from BT ( but would need to call them )

Else, get a PayGO sim or if you have a modern device - buy a data only e-sim.

Alternative, see what Wi-Fi is available at your location ( if you are a Halo customer ) - you have BT WI-FI free! 

Finally, you could get a MIFI device for WI-FI but need to check coverage 

hope this helps

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the info. We don’t know where we will end up. I have an iPhone 7 Plus. Really confused as there seems to be so much choice but I’ve no clue which one woukd be best? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It would probably be best to buy an unlocked 4G router & then use the Ofcom coverage checker to see who has best coverage each time you travel. You can then just buy a 30 day SIM that operates on the best network. That will probably be from an MVNO as the major networks will want to tie you to a contract. There's a list of MVNOs here together with which network they use.

But it may be better to simply download films ahead of travel. I know Now offer that feature but don't know about Netflix.

0 Ratings