cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Roam like home

My son is currently in Majorca and is unable to use the internet unless he has WiFi. We do have roam like home on our account but it’s obviously not working. It looks like he has 4g using music star but if he then tries to send iMessage it won’t let him and he has to send it as a text and then he gets charged. I’ve tried calling customer services but so far everything they have suggested it hasn’t worked. Any suggestions please? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Roam like home

Go to MYBT and ensure international use is selected and also you must ensure that your international spend limit is see to greater than zero say£5 and save

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Hi, thank you for your reply. There was a spend limit of £5 on but I increased it to £20 as that was one of the suggestions of bt customer services but this has made no difference. I’m probably being stupid but how to I check to see if international use has been selected? I’ve logged into mybt but can’t find it. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Okay I’ve found it and yes international use is switched on. When I phoned customer services they said they couldn’t see why it wasn’t working. We haven’t been with bt long and none of us have been abroad since switching over to bt. My son went to Alicante a few weeks ago and his phone didn’t work there either. No one else in the family have been to see if it’s our bt account or my sons phone
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Just need to check phone that roaming and mobile data are turned on.

Maybe also switch phone off and restart it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Yep checked both of those and they’re on plus he has tried to turning his phone off left it 30 minutes then switched it back on and still nothing! He is switching it off again now and leaving it off until the morning in the hope that a miracle happens overnight! I’m really at a loss to what else to suggest to him
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I had this issue & long story short - transpired my account ‘profile’ was not properly set - only fix is by BT & their third line support - took a week for them to diagnose it! However, their resetting my ‘sim profile; resolved it for me & roaming now works great.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thank you for your reply. I’ll get back onto bt tomorrow and suggest this to them to see if they can fix it. We did have a lot of issues when we first went over to bt from tesco mobile. Took a few days for them to get us transferred, maybe something went wrong then.
0 Ratings