cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Settings Greyed out

We are trying to change the settings so my wife can use her phone outside the UK. However, the settings page has the message at the top of it "We're just updating your account, if you want to make any changes wait 30 minutes and try again"  and the setting switches are greyed out. This has been the the situation for weeks.

We have spoken to the BT technical people several times and they are very helpful and tell us that it has been sorted and will be fixed within an hour or so, we even get emails that the settings have been altered but, nothing changes.

Would welcome any suggestions how we could get this sorted or who we could speak to.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Settings Greyed out

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Thanks but the problem is we can't do any of those changes because the settings are locked (greyed out) and there is a permanent message to try again in 30 minutes.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Have you tried simply restarting the phone?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Good thought! 

Had high hopes but, just reset phone and settings still locked with the same "Try again in 30 minutes" message.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

do you get same message if you try and access MYBT from a pc?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Another good thought but same message via MYBT on a PC.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

@Wobert I'm sorry the mobile settings are greyed out in MyBT. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over the details to the moderation team and we'll be happy to get this looked into.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

I have the same problem, it’s been like it for a week now, another family member on a different account also has the same problem.

any idea on a fix?

TIA.

Steve.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

There was nothing I could do to fix. Picked up by BT and they were very good - fixed the the problem and kept us informed.
0 Ratings