cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Simplest transfer from BT to EE

Go to solution

My current mobile contract ends in a week. BT offers me an EE choice of packages, but not sure if I just follow the links or whether I need a new EE account and then PAC. Not very clear.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Simplest transfer from BT to EE

Go to solution

Switching from BT to EE will see a new account with EE created, unless you already have one ?

If a PAC is needed, you'll be informed during the order journey, if you go from www.bt.com/mybt and logged in, you'll automatically get 10% off for being a BT broadband customer, if you have BT Halo plans you'll also get double data as part of the Halo benefits.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you. Appreciate your input. I want to avoid 3 things

an automatic renewal of the current 24m plan

ending up with two mobile accounts.

losing the current number.

is there a CS number I can contact I wonder to resolve those issues?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@Meteosat BT will send you a Pac code and then you enter that code on the EE site. It's a bit confusing but I've just moved mine and it was pretty straightforward and painless 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

That’s helpful and reassuring. May I ask if you moved before or after the end of your contract? Did BT automatically cease the old account? Sorry to bombard you!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Meteosatwrote:

is there a CS number I can contact I wonder to resolve those issues?

150 from a BT mobile or landline, otherwise 0800 800 150

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks. Will give it a go

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

It's pretty much an automated process. once you've gone through sales process a flurry of texts and emails start with all the various stuff you need. I was impressed with how it went tbh because I set my expectations low to the point I expect a f*** up and it never happened 🙏

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Ended up doing it via a 150 call on the mobile. Absolutely brilliant! The guy was on a WFH just thirty miles from where I live.  He got a deal that was even better than I was offered, did all the computer changeover at his end and I don’t need to do a thing apart from put in the new sim and very short temp number until the PAC auto kicks in.  Can’t fault it! Phew, what a relief.