cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Tenerife

Go to solution

I’m going to Tenerife, do I need a BT mobile add on to cover the use of mobile data when abroad? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Tenerife

Go to solution

@Joeylouy 

Follow the guides here: Using BT Mobile abroad 

In most scenarios, you won’t need to do anything before you go, except perhaps change your data roaming cap as you have “Roam like at home” in 47 countries, including Spain which I assume covers Tenerife.

Roam like at home - countries 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Just noticed in the ‘Roam like at home’ list that the Canary Islands are mentioned as being part of Zone 1b.

Also worth noting that in true BT style, whilst the help pages say you shouldn’t need to do anything, this separate ‘Roam like at home’ section says you do have to go into your account and check if roaming is turned on.

🤣

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Joeylouy Also make sure that your Monthly spend cap is set to something greater than zero. This is in your settings and is different to the Data Roaming cap. Having this set to zero is one of the main reasons for not being able to use your phone abroad.