cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Transfer to EE without consent

Go to solution

@StuartH 

You seem to be missing the point. The OP's friend called BT because she had a problem with her BT mobile phone.

The BT Customer  Service rep would appear to have not been interested in that and being more interested in moving her on to EE and as such she was transferred by the BT customer service rep to the EE sales rep and then the "hard" sale took place.

She was not phoning to  change her BT mobile phone or contract, she was phoning to have a problem rectified.

For want of a better phrase her mobile phone contract has been "slammed" and BT instigated it by not listening to what the customer wanted when she contacted them

I think that BT are responsible for this whole affair and it is up to BT to resolve it and if that means BT have to contact EE then so be it.

I agree fully with @StewM that your response is pretty poor or worse given that this sorry affair is wholly down to the BT rep not doing his job properly or if, as you would appear to accept that it has been done properly,  there is something far wrong with the how BT are dealing with its customers 

Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

@StuartH 

Appreciate you don't have access to EE's systems to get this cancelled. But you presumably do have access to the the BT side that would allow the operator who transferred a fault report of a BT product out to the sales team of EE? Said operator would appear to need some words of advice, unless of course it's part of an official drive to upsell?

Message 13 of 22

Go to solution
I think we've heard from a number of these postings that both BT and EE customer service agents are all on commissions that incentivise them to upsell and to move retail customers from BT to EE.
And it seems to me a little absurd for them to keep on insisting that they are separate companies when they have actually merged. Just because they have kept 2 separate brands shouldn't mean that customer services for BT is completely separate from that for EE. That just allows them to pass the buck between each other.
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @Boris1 

If the calls have been recorded I can do my best to find out what was advised before it was changed over to an EE Sim.

I don't think we have a way to move a customer back to BT Mobile from EE, as BT Mobile is changing over to EE eventually, I can see if I can find someone who can help us with the Mobile account from the mobile team.

I've dropped you a private message asking for the details we will need to open this complaint.

Thanks

Stuart

Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

As there appear to be two companies involved I would suggest

1 Raise complaint with BT over the handling of the initial support call and subsequent closure of account.

2 Raise complaint with EE over the selling of the new account.

Both companies should be abiding by Ofcom

zulu17_0-1705847385720.png

from the description given it seems there are grounds for concern as to how this customer issue was handled.

Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Quick question

1. How do i raise a complaint in BT?

The point here is that there is in my view poor practice on both BT and EE.  To be clear -- my friend never phoned EE, she phone BT because of a problem with the phone (not with the account or the SIM).  So why did the BT operator transfer he to EE?

The situation at EE was worse - despite my friend saying she "did not want a new "SIM" the operator did it any way and then said "so sorry -- too late to correct it now".  

I doubt very much this is a solitary problem so BT need in my view to get a solution in the interim that they can sort out problems of their making (as was the case here) and not sit back and say -- "so sorry not our problem - you have to sort out with EE".

In addition to my time the elderly person I am writing about has spent several hours last week trying to sort it out and this has left her stressed and having lost trust in BT.  

I get it that BT and EE have agreed a joint way forward but send something to give people choices and options and not do this opportunistic "hard sell".

Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

@Boris1wrote:

The situation at EE was worse - despite my friend saying she "did not want a new "SIM" the operator did it any way and then said "so sorry -- too late to correct it now".  

Whoever it's been sold by that is absolute rubbish too, like anything there's 14 days to cancel & if number wasn't transferred it could've stayed on BT too

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

@Boris1wrote:

Quick question

1. How do i raise a complaint in BT?

The point here is that there is in my view poor practice on both BT and EE.  To be clear -- my friend never phoned EE, she phone BT because of a problem with the phone (not with the account or the SIM).  So why did the BT operator transfer he to EE?

I doubt very much this is a solitary problem so BT need in my view to get a solution in the interim that they can sort out problems of their making (as was the case here) and not sit back and say -- "so sorry not our problem - you have to sort out with EE".

In addition to my time the elderly person I am writing about has spent several hours last week trying to sort it out and this has left her stressed and having lost trust in BT.  

I get it that BT and EE have agreed a joint way forward but send something to give people choices and options and not do this opportunistic "hard sell".

Hi @Boris1 if a mod contacts you then raise a complaint through them. If not, at the bottom of this website there should be an option “Make a complaint”.

If all fails, as @garybs29 says, as this is a new contract, it has to come with a 14 day cooling off notice. Use that and consider where you transfer your mobile contract. If this is the way BT customer service are going to treat BT customers then I don’t blame anyone voting with their feet!

Stew

Stew

Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Hello Stuart

I have tried sending a private message with photos...   It said it did not like any HTML and to edit  - I then sent plain text and I got a message saying "I had reached the limit of private messaging".  

Any advice?

BW

David

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

You need to remove your email address. This is a public forum and you could end up being swamped with spam plus it is against forum rules to post email addresses.

0 Ratings