Re: BT TV app - Can't manage devices

Go to solution

Hello, I too am having the same issue. How do I resolve it please? Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @pddco sorry you are having a problem with the BT TV App and I've moved your post to create your own thread.

Have a look at Managing your Device on the BT TV App and see if that helps.
If not do you have the standard App or the App Extra?
How many devices have you registered?
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for responding. It looks as though I have two devices registered. I’ve since seen that one is my Android tablet. But the other is just showing a padlock symbol and I’ve no idea which one it is. I’m assuming I’ll need to delete or somehow free up that slot to register another device. I have the standard TV App. Not App plus. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi pddco, thanks for getting back to me. It should be able to be changed after 30 days or have 30 days already passed since you last added a device?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

A padlock means a slot that had previously been used, but the device has been deleted.  It should also show a date indicating when that slot will become available for use again (30 days after the last device was added). If you're still having issues, send me a DM and I can sort that.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks. A DM? What’s that? 
There’s no date and no idea what device it was. Not added another device for ages.. Perhaps a year? I was trying to set BTTV up on a MacBook yesterday only to find out that it can’t be done / not permitted? So I tried on an iPhone through the app and saw the message when I tried to play content. Bit confused.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I've sent you a direct message @pddco  - you should see the envelope icon lit up in the top right corner of this site.  Reply to that message with the detail I've asked for, and I'll take a look at your account.

0 Ratings