cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Accounts here on the help community

Is there something amiss with account registrations and sign-ins here on the forum?

I went to sign in today using my existing account (wdblue) to post a question.  It told me invalid username or password.

I tried the password reset function but it told me my email address was invalid.

So I created an extra @btinternet.com email address (wdblue3) and registered with that.  And am successfully logged into the forum with a new account.

Out of curiosity I tried changing the password and - once again - it says the (new) @btinternet.com e-mail address is invalid.

Would love to get back to my original forum account if possible.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Accounts here on the help community

I can see the original account here, so it's still alive. Although it looks like you last logged on nearly two years ago, so maybe it's been marked dormant? That's pure speculation though as I've no idea the software manages accounts.

I've sent a test message to it to see if you get a notification, which may help pinpoint the issue.

Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much - that's helpful and good of you to send that test message.

Yes, I received an email on my main @btinternet.com e-mail account saying there's a message for me here on the forum.  Unfortunately, as expected, I can't log in as wdblue to see it.

That's interesting and understandable if > 2 years and the account is marked dormant.  If that's the case I wonder how I can get it unlocked.

Message 4 of 5

Hopefully one of the Mods will see this & chip in.

Message 5 of 5

Thanks for posting @wdblue3 .

I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Please check your inbox for my message and get in touch.

Cheers

David