cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Can anyone tell me if there is an email address for getting in touch with BT?

BT have taken diabolical service to the next level

Message 12 of 19

Re: Can anyone tell me if there is an email address for getting in touch with BT?

Totally agree customer service is nonexistent. I wanted to renew my contract with Plusnet and they actually sold me a contract with BT, if ever there was a case of miss selling it was that! Transferred to BT 5 weeks ago and was told 2 days before they connected that I was being upgraded to digital voice, I contacted them to say I didn’t want DV but apparently had no choice.
The phone has never worked it does not ring in and callers just receive a line busy message or engaged tone. I have literally spent more than 6 hours talking to numerous advisors  - a different one each time and from all over the country, the last who promised to ring back and didn’t was working from home in Newcastle! Last Saturday, desperate to try a different tack, I spent a solid three and a half hours on an online chat .It would appear that once you put the phone down you are completely forgotten about and nothing is done.

No way to email or contact the same advisor again, absolutely diabolical!

Message 13 of 19

Message 14 of 19

Write a proper letter to the  Sheffield lo box customer services address explaining all your  communications and wasted time etc.  tell them what you want and  what your expectations  for a resolution are . I managed to get some compensation and a reasonable solution but what a hassle . I’ve told them it’s the last time I go with them

Message 15 of 19

You can write to BT and complain and set out the times you called and who you spoke to. You should mention that if the problem is not sorted that you will go to the Ombudsman, but the Ombudsman would expect you to give BT a reasonable time to sort things out. Thereafter you phone the Ombudsman. I have done it and it worked. Try and get things in writing. If you tell the Ombudsman he said this or that to you the Ombudsman will say that he can't verify that is what was said. Be warned!
Message 16 of 19

Did you get anywhere?
I am having terrible problems and am trying to find out who is the head of BT complaints for small businesses.
Thanks
Message 17 of 19

this is a residential forum not business - try google

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 18 of 19

Thank you
Message 19 of 19

WRITE TO THEM. Don't phone any one any more. Tell them that if they don't sort it out you will go to the Ombudsman. It works. I did it. I was a legal secretary and know how what to do. I don't let the big companies get away with it. Electricity, telephone all the big companies. People just give up. Write everything down that has happened in case you do have to go to the Ombudsman as he will expect you to give them a reasonable time to put it right. Good luck.