cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Xbox game pass ultimate 6 months subscription ended but still active on Xbox but but say it’s not.

I upgraded my broadband to the full fibre in December 2023. Took the free 6 months game pass ultimate when it was offered. I managed to get into the online bit to cancel the auto renewal, and made sure it was done on the console as well.

the 6 month subscription started in Dec 2023 with the final month being May 2024. It’s since renewed itself on the console and I have absolutely no way of cancelling it down. BT claim that the service doesn’t exist on my account now and that it’s definitely not been charged as extra on my monthly bill. They say they haven’t taken any payment nor has anything happened at their end for Xbox to charge a further month.

It seems to have renewed on 16th June and pending for auto renewal again on 16th of July. I’m not paying it, BT claim the subscription no longer exists on my account, but Xbox are still showing it as active in the console. I’ve tried on line and on console to deactivate the renewal but there’s absolutely no option to do so.

xbox won’t entertain it, claim it’s a BT subscribed service and it needs to be done by them to properly cancel. Bt claim they aren’t providing the service now to me so it’s Xbox who need to deal with it. Who the hell is responsible for it?

surely if I have legitimately go onto the bt site, clicked the cancel auto renewal and had it confirmed months ago that I didn’t want to continue the offer after the 6 free months, and they are still being charged by Xbox, but claiming they havent provided me the service, then surely this is somewhat fraudulent activity on either bt or Xbox behalf. One of them is at it.

i don’t want the service, at least not through bt, if I want it I’ll pay it with store credit. But someone is making a complete mess of this, and nobody is willing to accept any liability towards rectifying the issue. One claims they are being paid a service and the other denies it, yet in the one in the middle, and I’m sure as hell not getting ropes into hidden charges later on for something I believed was sorted months ago.

Anyone had any similar issue with this? Any ideas on how this gets resolved. It’s been an absolute pure pain in the **bleep** to say the least.

the Xbox agents were unbelievably rude and agressive, one of them was absolutely shocking to deal with, and bt “guides” have been utterly useless. 
constantly have issues when trying to deal with a complaint, takes days to even get to the basics.

i have a game pass card to activate and I can’t do it because Xbox says there’s an active rolling subscription on the account. Absolute shower of **bleep**.

any help to resolve this would be appreciated as that’s been 7 hours of contacting this mob and absolutely getting nowhere.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xbox game pass ultimate 6 months subscription ended but still active on Xbox but but say it’s...

Hi @Lummy316

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your Xbox game pass subscription renewal.  We'll be able to get you in touch with the right team to get this sorted so that you can add the vouchers.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings