cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

0Mbps guarentee

Hi,

I have a situation that is a bit confusing so I would like to ask a few questions. I just signed a new contract with BT for a Broadband 2 months ago, and in the meantime, I got another job, and I have to move to another city. At my new address, BT cannot guarantee me the same speed, so after a phone call I went for a new cheaper offer that was suggested by the customer service, and it was supposed to guarantee me 10Mbs which is fine for my need.

After signing a new agreement and setting every detail and date of moving the broadband, I got the mail saying that BT guarantees me 0Mbps speed on my new address. And I have to say it's a bit beyond my expectations...

After that, I got the e-mail saying that one day after Broadband activation on my new address it will be moved back to my old address. And it is because of some "auto-cease" actions that I've found in the order tracking history, and I don't know anything about it.

Overall it looks a bit like that auto-cease happened because BT cannot guarantee the even slower speed at my new address, am I right? The thing is that I will not be at my old address in 2 weeks, and I need an internet connection at my new address. So it would be nice to get clear information on what is going on.

Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 07.56.38.png

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: 0Mbps guarentee

enter your new address and post results  this should give indication of what is available and speed range

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings