cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

18 hours on the phone, terrible

I only wanted the same package at the end of my contract and they messed this up. 18 hours calls and 3 weeks of phone calls still not got anywhere. Complaint over 3 weeks and no response. Im registered as partially deaf and this makes it really difficult. No one calls back, cut off constantly [one time after being put on hold for 1 hour and 5 mins!!!!!!

2 years ago when i set up first contact it was 4 weeks and stopped counting at 20 hours on phone. Has anyone else considered contacting tv watchdog, as i cant see any other way to get a resolution. I thought the first time was a 1 off. Obviously NOT.

Can anyone give any other advice

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: 18 hours on the phone, terrible

Hi Gary.

Have you raised an official complaint and been assigned a case handler for that?

Ive been through the complaint process and although some agents are better than others there was always prompt responses. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Eventually i got a manager from connections overseeing my case after complaint open for 2 half weeks and no joy. He did get my channels and netflix sorted, but he has now began ignoring me as i have no discovery plus access, no mini boxes, no re arranged tech visit and no one can tell me about compatibilty of new box or if im EE or BT as ive had my packages messed up so many times no one knows and my account is blocked for anyone to sort any of this. Totally useless company. So many call handlers have put me on hold and hung up because they dont have a clue what to do  they say its a dropped call. Mmmm this has happened about 10 times....strange. i pretty much have to wait 8 weeks to take it to ombudman as its imposible to get anywhere. If someone does do something they tell me there refering it to tech or manager will call back. Neither ever happens.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hopefully I mod shows up on here, the mods here were able to see my complaint and that it was open with a certain agent. Although I did have an official complain open which I opened via email, I got a bit fed up of calling to, I located BT's Code of Practice online by just googling it and I put all my issues in an email and sent it to the one located in that document. Something like 4 days later someone got in touch and eventually everything got resolved.

I could not handle calling up any more to discuss my issue, it was nuanced and explaining it every time to someone different was gonna be the end of me!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi @Garry7660,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry order hasn't gone smoothly. I did drop you a reply on your other thread here

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry things still haven't been fixed. If you send me your details, we'll do our best to help get things sorted.

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

SAGA CONTINUES

Well didnt think it could get worse. It has. After 3 weeks and now 20 hours calls trying to get my tv package back up running and ignored for 3 weeks with open complaint, 2 cancelled tech visits by BT cause of issues they messed up. THEY HAVE NOW BILLED ME FOR A MONTH WITH NO NETFLIX, NOW TV OR HD, BROADBAND ISSUES.  Even worse its £24 more than agreed package. Called billing. They didnt have a clue, passed me to tech and they said they dont compensate for loss of TV package even although im paying for it?????.agreed a manager would call back....told him the manager wouldnt as this is my experience on about 5 occasions over last 3 weeks. Gues what ! The manager didnt. PaddyB mod contacted me yesterday via my community hub and asked me to private message my issues over last 3 weeks and someone will get back to me and look into it. Sent a list of every call over last 3 weeks, 18 hours at that point. No one has responded. Still no tech visit, still no mini boxes promised and dont know if my box is compatible. 

Im contacting the TV show watchdog tommorow as this is horrendous and i dont beileve im alone. Anyone else having issues trying to get complaints delt with. 

KEEP TAKING MY MONEY BT

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Re: SAGA CONTINUES

The forum mods have offered you assistance on your other thread so have you replied with information requested instead of starting new posts  only after replying to mods with information can you get assistance 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @Garry7660 I've moved your post to keep them all on the same thread. I'm really sorry about the delay getting back to you, we will be in touch as soon as your case reaches the top of our queue. We're a small specilaised team and as advised by PaddyB in his private message it can take us several days to respond.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Ok. I will trust you on this for now

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I was a bit concerned when i didnt get a response from my private message with all my details on it. You have to understand ive spent 20 hours now on the phone and then today i find out more money than agreed is being taken even although the manager that i had apoken to said i wouldnt be paying anything. Thanks for your response and i look forward to any support as im at my wits end.

Thanks again

0 Ratings