cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

700 minute calling plan

Go to solution

Hi, I rang BT today to cancel TNT sports as I need to get my costs down. My husband has been diagnosed with cancer and his worklife will be changing. I also have a broadband package which included 700 minutes of free calls per month. I was forced to transfer from the 700 free minutes to unlimited as I was told everyone was having to move off this system by the end of March. My bill has now not gone down as much as I expected. Are they right to do this? Theyve now got me tied into a new 24 month contract when all I wanted was to cancel the sports. Im not feeling good about this at all. Talking on the phone to them is like talking to someone who is actually not listening.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: 700 minute calling plan

Go to solution

This is new information to me for BT to say that customers on 700 minutes per month calling plan will have this ceased at the end of March forcing them to move across to the unlimited calling plan.

I haven't been advised of this by BT and when I received the email from BT today to advise of the CPI+3.9% increase it was stating my 700 minute plan.

I'm guessing the agent who you spoke to gave duff information regarding your calling plan change?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Linnie64,

Thank you for taking the time to join the Community. I hope both you and your husband are coping well.

I'm so sorry to read about your experience. You should not be pressured into taking something that you don't want and don't need.

I want to help you get everything sorted. Can you check your private messages? You will have one from me.

It sounds like you were offered a different plan to the one that you were on which no longer comes with 700 minutes. I'll fully investigate this.

Thank you
DanielS

Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hi, thank you for replying. It seems they probably did as one of the moderators has just taken the case up for me. I got my price increase today too and mine showed an small increase in the 700 mins plan. Obviously taken advantage of by the customer advisor or should I say sales person. That's why I googled it and couldnt find anything about people being taken off those plans at the end of March. They got one over on me this time (I'm usually more alert than that!) ...... frame of mind is not quite where it should be. Take care.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

My parents are currently on FTTC Fibre 2 with 700 minutes and coming to the end of their current contract so they have just renewed and moved to FTTP Full Fibre 2 and have retained their 700 minutes calling package for £8 pm.

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you for letting me know that. I sent an email off to the new Chief Executive last night (didn't expect anything from it) and got a phone call at 8.30 this morning. It is being looked into but once off the 700 mins you cannot get back on, so unfortunately,  no going back for me. They are pulling the tapes of my telephone conversation which is good, as the advisor at the other end blatantly lied - not that that helps me now, but she is going to ring me back on Tuesday with a solution to all this (as the advisor also ordered something for me for the broadband which she states I do not need). One big mess when I just wanted to cancel the sports. I'm usually full on with anything like this but state of mind is not 100% at the moment. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Linnie64,

It's great to see that our Executive Customer Resolutions team have picked this up for you.

They are the highest point within BT that this can be escalated with so they will do everything that they can to help you.

Please feel free to keep the Community updated about your journey as I know we are interested and want this sorted.

Thank you

DanielS

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Daniel,

I want to thank you for picking this up to begin with. I was just so annoyed with the advisors that I spoke to originally, that I didn't want to let it go. I would hate for them to mislead anyone else like they did me. 

Linnie

Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Linnie64

Thank you for posting back.

I can understand the annoyance and I am sorry that happened.  As @DanielS has said, your complaint is now being dealt with at the highest escalation point and the team will do all they can to help you out.

Feel free to come back and let us know the outcome 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

You too Robbie.

0 Ratings