cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Absolute shambles with move to EE from BT

Hi @gosforth,

I am so sorry for the runaround you have had trying to get this sorted.

I can see some possible problems here. Could you reply to my private message and we will take a look at this over the next few days?

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

@DanielS I just sent out reply to your private message.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Just a quick update, 11 days into messed up order:

- as mentioned, the original order which effectively re-contract me within BT was canceled, ant therefore, my services are intact, in terms of BT view...

- what is interesting, the order for EE Mobile (under EXC..... order number) NEVER was canceled, and I am now billed for a service, that I do not use, with payment due Today...

To even get relevant info, I was in need to put a SIM card into my mobile device, and "link it" into my new EE account (under GB.... account number).

I will cancel this over the day, as soon as lines open, whilst original advisor 1 MISSOLD to me something, she never mentioned, in terms, as this will be a new 24-month contract, with an ESSENTIAL SIM ONLY package, which means, I am stuck with no chance to change or upgrade it for next 6 months (whilst system taking myself as a NEW customer, and ignore any history with BT).

125 GB of data, with double data benefit (totaling 250 GB data), ESSENTIAL PLAN (max 100 Mbps 5G limitation) with 30 percent discount whilst BT/EE customer, e.g. 17,50 GBP per month. No viable ad-ons, payable EU roaming, etc etc etc. Shortly: nonsense and rubbish, and not what she promised, other than the amount of data.

Yes, we speaking about advisor, who lied to me, and messed up completely my order.

Sorry, but for 18 GBP I can have an unlimited plan on the new EE, with no limit on speed, or for 28 GBP have Unlimited, with 3 free ad-ons, but both for a 1-month contract and with late,  Data Roaming Pass included (which means significant savings in terms of traveling (not only to Europe)...

All, that this advisor has done, is wrong, only benefit come for her, as she ticks off another "sale"...

Perhaps, nobody contacted me back yet @DanielS BTW...

I can see a new COMPLAIN on my BT account, made on my behalf, and as "advisor worked on your account" several times, but to no avail at all...

originally, the call was planned for Monday 18th, 2023, as per the complain details, but now it's for Tuesday 19th, 2023.

In terms of EE account, I can see a pending order (OR engineer should visit and install new ONT on 29/12/2023, but otherwise, anything else related to my new EE Broadband just returns ERROR followed by ERROR...

Let's see, how this will end up...

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

I own You all some updates on this saga...

29/12/2023 at the very start of the time window, an Engineer from OpenReach showed up :)))

Equipped with new ONT, nothing else... And if I say nothing else, I mean it 🙂 Not even ScrewDrier, needed to open the enclosure to swap old ONT to New ONT, but that's not an issue, I have both this and the step stool :)))

The job takes 5 minutes, including calling to OpenReach IDM line, and another 5 minutes to fire up my new EE Smart hub Plus SH31B.

Another 15 minutes some talks about my Omada setup, and he leaves with a recommendation to ditch EE Hub completely (don't worry man, I have it already planned).

Fast forward,...

after approximately 21 days from the original request, and after 17 days from the second order, my 1.6 Gbps EE Broadband is live.

Typical Speed into the Hub is 1680 Mbps down, and 115 Up

Typical Speed on Hub Wifi6 is approx 1,3 Gbps down, and 110 Mbps Up

Obviously, LAN ends up maxing on 1 Gbps, whilst SH31B has only 1 Gbps LAN ports (which clever head forgot to include at least one full 2.5 Gbps port is behind my understanding and totally Stupid!).

Perhaps, I just need to figure out IPV6 settings on my Omada setup, and EE Smart Hub Plus will go to box, whilst having full 1.5 Gbps to 1.6 Gbps speed on my Omada AP, when connected without EE SHP, but whilst IPV6 implementation on EE is different from BT, need some works, before will Omada takes over it fully.

With the help of @DavidM we sorting out the stopping of my BT services, and subsequently, vaiwing of early termination fees, once all services will cease.

All in One: My move from BT to EE wasn't without some trouble, but thanks to MODs here, it's almost painful, from the moment they take the lead on it...

My old BT equipment was picked up by Royal Mail today morning, and old BT TV Box Pro will follows the suite as well.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Screenshot_2024-01-03-11-31-18-819_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

 slightly affected upload, which typically it's around 100-110 Mbps...

Measured on WiFi, Xiaomi 12T Pro, Wifi6

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Screenshot_2024-01-02-22-27-52-358_uk.co.ee.myee~2.jpg

 typical speed into the Hub on my 1.6 Gbps EE Broadband - measured by EE App

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Nice! I thought that plain wifi 6 could not reach those speeds over wifi, that you had to use the newer wifi 6e or the upcoming wifi 7? But wow that is incredible and gives me hope that my own 500mbps might be able to stretch a little futher around the house if I ever switch over to EE and get their new hub! I already have a wifi 6 laptop ready for it, and PS5 is wifi 6 ready too. (I'm not upgrading to 1.6 anytime soon though!)

Thanks for telling us of your experience!

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

@c64z86 just need to be aware, as at the moment, there are 2 different Smart Hubs issued by EE:

Smart Hub - this is based on Wifi5 and technically is BT Smart Hub 2

Smart Hub Plus - this is a WiFi6 new router.

I do believe, is not on the customer, which one will be provided, but more likely based on the package, which You getting. I assume as EE900 and EE 1.6 Gbps packages should be both provided with a "better" Smart Hub Plus (WiFi6).

However, lower tiers might get older WiFi5 products only.

As per speed, the 5 GHz band seems to be completely at the mercy of SMART CHANNEL on the new EE Smart Hub Plus (unlike of 2.4 GHz, where You could change it manually) on present firmware. That said, my router typically either tries to mess up channel 36, with a bandwidth 160 Mhz, or, most of the time, keeps self away, on Band II and channel 100 (again on 160 Mhz), where I getting above speeds.

Highest where it decided to go was Channel 104, whilst my Omada AP is on channel 128, and therefore EE Smart Hub Plus correctly trying to stay away from congestion.

Unfortunately, my actual Omada AP (EAP655-Wall) is only on 1 Gbps backbone, even AX3000, which said only 990 Mbps down on it. Another reason, why I am not rushing at a moment to ditch EE Hub, is that once I swap it to HD670, it will be fully capable of adopting full line speed, and EE Hub will be not needed at all...

Message 19 of 21

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up! The naming scheme is a bit confusing xD

I could instead get a 3rd party wifi 6 router, but it would be a bit of a mess as I still would have to keep the BT/EE Smart hub as it's needed for Digital voice, and then plug the 3rd party router into it.

I think I'll wait to see what offers come up in the new year and double check if any of them come with the new smart hub plus or not! 

I'm not too confident at configuring the channels myself. Whenever I get a new router, I just turn it on, change the SSID to one I like and then just let it do its thing and keep my fingers crossed that everything goes ok. Channels, DFS, and things like that confuse me to no end like IPV6 does... and I LOVE computers! :c

I sure hope wifi 7 and 8 will just give us enough of a speed boost in their improvements alone, that we won't have to mess about with channels to find the highest speed.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

@c64z86 I will, at Your place, double-check which router is provided...

EE website now running a new promotion (packages up to 900 Mbps have promo price, and also 0 upfront) and stating, as ALL now coming with EE Smart Hub Plus...

If that is correct, can't comment, but worth a check. It might also signal, that a temporary solution with EE Smart Hub (Wifi5 - a.k.a BT smart Hub 2 at a different enclosure) is over, and they now pushing only WiFi6 devices.

I have been running my BT Smart Hub 2 with switched off WiFi just for DV Phone (Landline) for a good 2 1/2 years now, followed by firstly TP-Link consumer device (WiFi5 AP), and later with my own Omada setup (router, Switch with POE+, 2x AP w/ WiFi 6) for more than a year) without issues.

Whilst on BT SH2, I had problems getting over 300-400 Mbps in better times on WiFi, switching off WiFi on it completely helped to cope with 1 Gbps traffic over the LAN only, and WiFi was handled by 3rd party products entirely.

Ok, there was in fact double NAT, which might be a problem for some, especially with games, whilst my ping went up to 12-13 ms, whilst the direct 3rd party router getting 4-6 ms instead, but it's the price for 2 routers in chain.

Now a week on 1.6 Gbps and playing with all possible combinations, I am stable on:

Speed into ONT/EE SHP: 1600-1700 Mbps/110-120 Mbps

_____

WiFi6 on 5 GHz band on EE SHP: 1.1-1.4 Gbps / 110-113 Mbps

_____

WiFi6 (160 Mhz channel) on main Omada AP: 850-950 Mbps / 110 Mbps

Wifi6 (80 Mhz channel - most of my devices can't do more) on secondary Omada AP: 700-770 Mbps / 100 Mbps

The reason, why I running it separately, under 2 APs is:

1) On Main AP, only 5 GHz is allowed, and only 160 Mhz channel at Band-II setup. Actually, full DFS channel 128 is my favorite here... AX3000 device here, with a max of 2402 Mbps on 5 GHz, limited by a 1 Gbps LAN port.

This takes it "away from the crowd", e.g. all my neighbors, whilst from approx 130 apartments over 2 buildings, only 5 people use channel 100 and above, and 90% of people use only 3 channels (like default 36, 42, etc).

This allows me to get maximum without too much interference from other APs from this one. 

Sadly, for now, it's equipment, which taking me down. EE SHP has only 1 Gbps LAN, and even my actual Omada router is only Gigabit, and AP is only Wall AP, with 1 Gbps backbone to router. That's why only 850-950 Mbps on this one...

All devices on this AP must support either 1201 or 2402 Mbps "link" to AP, otherwise aren't allowed (MAC address whitelisting). Like this, there is no "slow" device, which AP needs to deal with and slow down everybody else.

Also, why not rush to ditch EE SHP for now, whilst giving me a little bit better speed at a moment?

Have on the way a 2.5 Gbps router, and planning to upgrade to AP with a 2.5 Gbps backbone, which will eliminate EE SHP completely (I don't have DV Landline anymore, whilst this wasn't possible to migrate, and there is no way at a moment to order new DV line). Once both pieces of equipment are with me, EE SmartHubPlus 2023 will go under the bed, into the box.

2) On my secondary AP, both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are allowed (with 20 MHz bandwidth on 2.4 and 80 MHz on 5 GHz). AX 1800 device, with max link 1200 Mbps on 5 GHz

This is used for "general devices", a.k.a 95% of my devices, which are either ok on the 2.4 GHz band (lights, heating, controlled socket, etc etc), or are ok with maximum speed under 80 MHz bandwidth, e.g. 866 Mbps link, max.  1201 Mbps link.

Also, this is set "away from crowds" on a 5 GHz WiFi band, whilst on channel 48. Interference here is about 2-5%, but this is down to my specific situation (and luck, as most of the people simply use plug-and-play style, or can't go over basic - most crowded - channels due to hardware limitations). Don't bothered me too much 2.4 Ghz, it's overcrowded and no way to run away from interference (which is about 40% for me)

Once my main AP is replaced with a 2.5 Gbps backbone one, this second will retire and be replaced with the first one. 

Might seem too complicated, but to be fair, I have a good reason for BT FF900 before and have a reason for EE 1.6 Gbps package as well (even, the main reason is, that I simply fancy it - and it's cheaper than my previous BT BB for myself), with up to 50 devices on my network with anticipated to have up to 75 devices in 2-3 years time :).

)