cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Account Holder Bereavement

Go to solution

My father-in-law recently died and we tried to move the BT Broadband/Landline account to my mother-in-law but remove the unnecessary Sports packages etc, so we wanted to reduce the package and costs but keep the landline.  We have tried with the BT bereavement service twice, but have been moved from one team to another, spending hours on the phone being moved between teams.  We thought we finally had a verbal agreement with one team for Account name change and reduced package, but I found today that the Account still remains in the deceased name and the direct debit is still being charged. Is there a team within BT that could take accountability to resolve this issue once and for all and how can I reach this team? Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Account Holder Bereavement

Go to solution

Sorry to hear of your loss. The bereavement team should have been able to deal with this but I will ask if the mods can help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @drewp100

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am very sorry for your loss.  I'd like to firstly take this opportunity to offer you my sincere condolences.  I'm disappointed to read how difficult you've found moving the account into your Mother-in-law's name and removing Sport from the package.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

So as an update, there was a fast response from the BT support on this to get in contact. I am now just awaiting guidance and hopefully conclusion on this and will update.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

So final update. Robbie, one of the moderators contacted me and resolved it all fully. Many thanks