cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Re: Account Holder Bereavement

Go to solution
I am having endless problems with the bereavement support service. My husband passed away and I was told that the account was being changed into my name. Then I was told I had to become a new account holder. I was set up (apparently) but explained the 700 minutes existing arrangement was not enough (I am profoundly disabled and aside from endless trying to get everything sorted out following my bereavement I need a lot of phone support). I was also given the opportunity to look for a more affordable package - which I have found. Unfortunately I have been told that firstly despite being within the 14 day cooling off period, I am going to be charged. Another call to bereavement support and have been reassured I won't be. But have been advised by email I have run out of the 7p0 minutes. I can't go until 16th without using my phone (I have critical health issues) I have been unable to log on to try to get the 700 minutes changed to unlimited as I asked for originally. I can't log on to do anything online and I am terrified to use the phone as I cannot afford 25p per minute or whatever it's going to be charged at. I am suicidal. The sure doesn't recognise my postcode with my landline number and I have been going round and round in circles. I urgently need help please. I need to be able to get the unlimited minutes put in place until the service is changed (possibly 15 days time) I am now extremely distressed and I have to be able to use the landline (almost zero mobile phone cover here and I am housebound through disabilities) please help me to get this sorted out urgently I can't afford to run up charges and I really don't know what to do now. I wish I was dead this as all too much please someone help me
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Go to solution

@FMCR 

I have asked a moderator to assist. They are BT Employees and will post on this thread.

Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @FMCR and welcome to our community.

Please accept my condolences at the loss of your husband. I'm really sorry this process has been so upsetting for you. I'm sure I can help get this sorted for you. I'll need some further information so I've dropped you a private message. Please check your inbox and end me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

as the account is now in your name and from your post have health problems so do you qualify here

https://www.bt.com/help/here-for-you

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution
Have tried to reply but the site keeps saying the message cannot be replied to. I am happy to proceed here if you need information
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

@FMCR 

I will alert the moderator that you cannot reply to their personal message.

Please do not post any information here, as its a public forum.

The information asked for by the moderator, is to validate your account only.

Message 7 of 17

Go to solution
I can't reply through this site to your private message. It has a huge red warning that the message contains html. I have deleted it and re written it 5 times abd it has NO html in the message yet it won't allow me to send it. I just can't goon like thus I have missed two bereavement support counselling sessions as I can't place a call and risk running up huge phone bill. I am suicidal. I am profoundly disabled alone and in trauma as my husband was murdered. I listened to him dying when he phoned me desperately trying to get help. You have no idea what this has done to me. My only lifeline is the phone and the friends and service like CRUSE and the Samaritans who ate really trying to get me through but I just can't go on now. All I need us a few more days with the u limited calls I was promised and then BT will never hear from me again
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @FMCR ,

Sorry you're having problems replying. I'll drop you another message now. Can you try again?

Cheers

David

Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
do we know if they survived this " solution " . absolutely heartbreaking
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Despite all the 'promises', saying I was not going to be billed, even as at today (4/4/24) I have received yeat ANOTHER bill in my post. I can't go0n like thus. I have been suicidal and t&is is just likely to push me over the edge. Why do people lie??? Why say "You definitely won't be billed, no matter what happens the bills will be deleyed" only for me tothen still be sent email demands, text demands and paper bills in the post. It too much. I wastold by an advisor from CAS to pursue damages for stress and suffering added by this awful situation.  I wish I could face the extra hassle,  but I can't.  I just want BT to send me something in writing now to fulfil their promises  - tell me I don't owe anything and please stop chasing me with bills in three different ways on the same day!! Email, text messages and postal bill arrives in my mail. I honestly can't cope.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings