cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Account Manager Approval

I am trying to manage my 97 year old father's account, as I need to change his call plan - it is costing him a fortune and is wholly inappropriate for his needs (am disappointed BT have not highlighted this to him but that is for another day).  I am overseas at the moment, and there is not anyone else able to help him. I created a  BTID for myself and made the request to manage the account, and informed him that he would need to confirm this. He says nothing has happened, but does not take much notice of these things (he is very deaf). I have called BT but they won't talk to me - Data Protection - even though I have LPA. I have sent access code to BT LPA team but have had no response. It was easier to get access to his bank accounts and investments than to change his landline only plan.

So my question is (eventually!) - how do BT ask the account holder about the request for me to manage the account?  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Account Manager Approval

See following link regarding becoming an account manager.

As far as I am aware it is all done on line and by email by the account holder and the person wishing to be the account manager.

Get your father or if you have access to his email account, to check his spam folder.

What's the difference between an Account holder and an Account manager in My BT? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you, but he does not have email or a mobile - and that is why I am also unable to create an account for him. It's Catch 22 as I am unale to change contact details without the approval as Account Manager.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I am guessing the answer will be no but does he have a BTID and is he able to access his account through his MyBT on a computer.

If so you could log in to his account and make the changes to his calling plan.

If he does not have a BTID you could create one for him and use your email address.

See link

What is a BT ID and how can I get one? | BT Help

If that does not work post back for further help.

Message 5 of 9

No computer access for the father!
Had already tried your suggestion but got stuck at the 'Verify Identity' stage - because no email or mobile on his account. I have seen threads where others have had the same issue.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thank you, much appreciated
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @BruceD

Welcome and thanks for posting!

I am sorry for the problems you're having changing your Dad's calling plan.  The team you sent the LPA code to really should have got back in touch by now to update the account to record the power of attorney.

We can pick up from here and help get things registered and all sorted.  It will take us a few days to pick up the case but we'll be in touch as soon as we possibly can.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thank you
0 Ratings