cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Account Manager cannot see account online.

Hello, I hope someone can help?

I've managed to add my wife as an Account Manager to my BT Account.  However, when she signs into her My BT all she can see is her emails.  She cannot see any of the household bills or access anything else on the account.  Her email address was originally created by me on my account and is still associated with it. The only thing that I am wondering is if I need to remove her email address from my account before she can access the account details online?  I'm nervous about removing her email from my account in case it causes more problems that it will solve.  I'm guessing that if she were to call the billing team then they would speak with her about the account as she is listed as an Account Manager.  Can anyone advise?

With many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Account Manager cannot see account online.

@AandB  Thanks for posting, moving the email shouldn't matter. Can you check your wife's BT ID to ensure it has the Account manager status assigned to it as she should be able to:

• View bills
  • Manage settings online
  • Manage phone settings
  • Access some BT Extras such as BT Email, TrueKey and BT Virus Protect
  1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account
  3. Scroll down and you’ll see if you’re an Account holder or Account manager

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you @NeilO  for picking this up so quickly.  Unfortunately, my wife cannot see anything other than her emails.  So  she cannot get to an area which shows her status.  When I sign into my own My BT and the account I'd like her to be able manage I can see her email address which says she can manage my account.  She doesn't have any BT products in her own name - like many couples of a certain age then I deal with all the accounts and services we have.  If she goes into her account and goes to Account Info, if she selects Manage Email Addresses the sign on screen is presented again but when you try to sign in it just loops back to the same screen.  There definitely seems to be a problem with her BT ID.  Would you have any other suggestions?  I did spend about 50 minutes last week to a very helpful member of the billing team but they too were stumped.

With many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @AandB thanks for getting back to me, I think we'll need to take a look as there may be an issue on our side. I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings