cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Activation date delayed?

Placed order to have BT broadband installed at address on 24/5/23 with activation date of 7/6/23. Got a message today activation now not possible until 12/6/23. How can I complain about this? It is essential to working from home etc that my new broadband is activated on 7/6/23. I wouldn’t have signed up had I thought this not been possible as there are other providers out there. Thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Activation date delayed?

you can try phoning the FTTP team 08005874787 and see if they can help but doubt it for just 5 days remembering that it is a residential connection not business broadband

as you are using openreach connection it would not make any difference which ISP using openreach  you chose as delay would apply to all

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

There's obviously some extra work required or something but remember if it's been delayed you'll get the automatic compensation. FWIW complaining is unlikely to change the date forward if more work is required

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

When you say you would have ordered with someone else if you had known this revised date , unless the someone else is with a different network provider ( not Openreach ) then the revised date would apply to everyone, as it’s Openreach that have changed the date , so if you had ordered with Sky or Talk Talk instead of BT the date would have changed in exactly the same way.

If another network is available apart from OR there is nothing stopping you ordering with them.

0 Ratings