cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Advice please regarding renewal

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for any advice/help offered. I'm hoping one of the mods might be able to help out.

My contract was up for renewal on 23rd July, and I was seriously considering just dropping the whole TV package and go with Freeview, Netflix, Prime, and catchup since I am trying to look at monthly outgoings as I think about retirement in the next couple of years.

I looked at buying one of the PVRs that are on the market, and tbh it looked to me that the YouView box is the best option. So I decided to renew, but was still thinking of the cost. Despite that, I ordered the BT TV pro box and Big Entertainment. I explained my dilemma to the woman who took my call, and she said that she would put me on hold and speak to a colleague about negotiating the cost. I held for quite some time and then it started ringing and I was put through to a man. Now they were both very nice to me, not rude or anything, but I then had to go through all the security and explanations again. He was not too happy that the woman had just transferred me without speaking to someone as she said she was going to do. He told me a couple of times that he was putting in a complaint about that.

Anyway, he took all the details and sorted my order, and arranged the bags to send my current equipment back. He also said he would get someone to look at the cost for me and they would call me back (Tuesday 14th I think was when I made the call). He said it was because everything would have to clear on the system for them to look at it. No one called.

My Pro box arrived today. I didn't get a box for the extra room, which I have just now. I am expected to return the 4k recordable box and the extra room box.  Not only that I am paying more than my original contract and no one has called to discuss it with me. 

At the moment I am inclined to cancel the whole lot and go elsewhere for my broadband and just watch Freeview, but I always get good speeds on my Fibre 1.

Any way I can get back to negotiating the price ( I hear lots of people do it) without having to spend lots of time explaining things on the phone again?

Thanks for any help 😊

Mags

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Advice please regarding renewal

Go to solution

did you try the options team 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate  when you get options at start select leaving BT and go from there.  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply.
I didn't yet as I didn't know about that number. It was the generic 0800 800 150 as that was what came up on the email about my contract ending. Both advisers on the call said they would talk to/or get a phone back for me, neither of which happened.
I'll maybe call that number in the morning then.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I always use the option number when I renew my contract and used only in last few weeks and got good deal

make sure you have some idea what other ISP are offering so you can quote during your negotiation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you for that number. The lady I spoke with there was very helpful.
One other question that she wasn't able to help with and she thought I should be able to do myself was to remove old account numbers. I don't see any option for this and I see that others have been asked to call in to have it done. I don't really want to have to phone in again. The issue is that when I go to track orders it automatically loads an old order from 2018 on an old account. I tried this on 2 browsers and the same thing happened.
Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @MagsF,

Removing the old accounts is something that we do. There's no way that you can do it at present.

I've sent you a private message with some information that we need. When you reply to my private message, make sure you let me know which account you want to keep so I can remove the account that you don't need.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you, I have replied to your DM.