cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Bill

Go to solution
Hello, 

I'm posting here to BT to see if I would be able to get some help lowering my monthly bill, I've been struggling a lot recently with my bill because it has steadily increased over the years I've been with BT.

In doing some research for my package my current monthly bill for my broadband with BT sits at £73.40 a month, attaching a photo as proof*(1) 

This seemed fine to me, The upgrade I'm being offered to "upgrade" my package saves me at most £8-9.00 per month, the only reason I haven't went with this option was I did not know if I would be getting double charged for that month and couldn't find any information on that. Attached photo*(2)

Though upon inspection there is a price promise in the 4 benefits section and number three is price promise, which states "never pay more than a new customer when I renew my contract" Attached photo*(3)

Looking at your website to then look at what a new customer would pay for an equivalent package to mine for my exact address as if I'm a new member. This amount is £29.99 a month. Attached photo*(4)

I need an explanation; I need some sort of help understanding these figures, why am I only saving 8-9 pound so I would be paying £61 odd, if you are offering a new member a £29.99 pm, and you are saying you promise that I will not pay more for a new contract, I cannot understand it.

I need help to save money otherwise I'm just going to have to look elsewhere for internet.

Any help would be amazing, I can provide my account ID if needed

Kind Regards 

Cameron 

(Attached photos)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Bill

Go to solution

When was the last time you renewed your contract? 

Check MYBT and it should show you contract end date 

You can try phoning options team 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate 

The package you illustrate is broadband only whereas you have broadband and calls and possibly inclusive calls so not same

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hey, I've checked MYBT and there is no contract end date that I can see on my bill, So I assume my contract must have ended a while ago.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Go to MYBT then products then broadband and then contract and it should tell you when contract expires

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Apologies for the late reply to this issue I'm having, I've found the corresponding page you mentioned and it says that my contract period has ended.

any further help would be fantastic

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

As your fixed term contract has ended you are now on a rolling monthly contract and can leave BT with 30 days and no termination fees. 

As I posted previously try the options team 0800800030 and see what deal you can negotiate. If you don't like the offer then try again later or move to a new ISP

0 Ratings