cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Online Broadband/Phone Renewal

I'm attempting to renew my Fibre 1 broadband & phone online. I'm currently on the 'Unlimited Minutes Calling Plan (£0.00)' and, when I get to the page about picking a calling plan, it gives the option 'Stay on current (Recommended)'. If I select that, I find that the final summary at the end of the renewal procedure doesn't mention a calling plan at all. Should I be concerned about that? Will I continue to get the 'Unlimited Minutes Calling Plan (£0.00)'?

Secondly, I'm told I will receive an 'Alexa Advanced Home Phone', but I'd prefer a 'BT Digital Voice adapter'. Activation won't be for a couple of months (when my existing contract expires), so can I change that after completing the renewal application? If so, how?

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Online Broadband/Phone Renewal

you would be better phoning the options team 0800800130 and negotiating a new deal taking into account what is currently on offer elsewhere.  if you don't like what is offered then don't accept and try again later.

Broadband packages no longer come with inclusive calls and call packages are add ons

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks, I'm a bit puzzled as to what 'Stay on current (Recommended)' was supposed to mean then? This is the screen I get:

bt.com_consumerOrders_control_product.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@Stompa Thanks for posting, if you choose stay on current, you will stay on the unlimited calls plan. The calling plan so it's not mentioned in the order summary as no change is being made to that aspect of your service. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for that, in that case I'll proceed with the online renewal.

Do you have any advice about my other query about getting a 'BT Digital Voice adapter' rather than an 'Alexa Advanced Home Phone'?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Stompa you can request your adapter on bt.com/DVequipment. Or text the word ADAPTER to 61998

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Sorry I probably didn't make myself clear. I don't currently have Digital Voice, but during my contract renewal process it says I will be sent an 'Alexa Advanced Home Phone [Single Pack]'. I'm not given the choice to select an adapter instead.

The link you gave says I'm not eligible, presumably because I'm not yet on Digital Voice?

So how (and at what point) can I arrange that an adapter is sent rather than the phone?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Stompawrote:

I'm attempting to renew my Fibre 1 broadband & phone online. I'm currently on the 'Unlimited Minutes Calling Plan (£0.00)' and, when I get to the page about picking a calling plan, it gives the option 'Stay on current (Recommended)'. If I select that, I find that the final summary at the end of the renewal procedure doesn't mention a calling plan at all. Should I be concerned about that? Will I continue to get the 'Unlimited Minutes Calling Plan (£0.00)'?Secondly, I'm told I will receive an 'Alexa Advanced Home Phone', but I'd prefer a 'BT Digital Voice adapter'. Activation won't be for a couple of months (when my existing contract expires), so can I change that after completing the renewal application? If so, how? Thanks.

I renewed my F2 + 700Minutes today, through a BT Agent, no mention of DV. I attempted the online renewal. Unless I activated the 'radio button' for the 700Minutes option, it didn't appear in the Summary or Total. Hence the use of a BT Agent. The Summary includes F2 + 700Minutes; so, I went with the renewal.
Av1-250.gif

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hmmm, for me when I attempt to renew online, I get  a popup entitled "Your broadband upgrade comes with Digital Voice, our next generation home phone service" immediately after selecting Fibre 1, and before I get as far as choosing TV or phone packages. If I continue then I eventually get this: (which makes no mention of a calling plan):

secureorder.bt.com_consumerOrders_control_product_A.pngsecureorder.bt.com_consumerOrders_control_product_B.png

0 Ratings