cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Complaint unfair charges

I recently had very bad experience with BT. I ordered broadband services from BT. The equipment didn't arrive on time but engineer came to install. He did whatever he had to and left. When equipment came i connected them but broadband didn't work. I complained three times but they couldn't fix it. They send engineer but ask me to agree to pay £245 if engineer didn't find any fault.  I agreed because it was a fault. When engineer came he tried to fix the error but he couldn't so he went outside and fixed the fault. When he came back and connected the broadband it started working. He confirmed with that there was a fault at the outside exchange and wire was not connected properly. After two months BT send me the bill for £245 for engineer visit. They claimed that engineer didn't confirm with them if there was a fault. Absolutely disgusting, unethical and rubbish behaviour. Be careful and take a note from engineer and confirm the fault with BT on the phone while engineer is there. shame on BT.    

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Complaint unfair charges

The onus should be on them to prove positively that it was a problem in your control before charging you. Ask them to read out to you the engineers notes when closing the fault.

If they have no written evidence to counter your statement that the fault was indeed outside your house then they should not charge you.

You need to get this one escalated.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Unless BT have changed there procedures there should not have been any charge even if there was no fault found particularly if it had not worked from the initial installation.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @productive79, sorry you incurred this engineer charge. As @gg30340 there isn't a charge for an engineer visit to fix residential service  if no fault was found. Also £245 is much higher than the residential charge used to be. 
Would you confirm that this charge is for a Residential account and not a Business account?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings