cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 39

BT Halo Charges

My Monthly bill is now £60 for broadband only.  Am I paying extra for the Halo service?

Only other suppliers appear to be a lot less expensive.

Thanks for reading....

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39

Re: BT Halo Charges

@jb1441 

If you log into MyBT account it should tell you what products you're paying for & the costs.

Ours does.

Full Fibre 500 £50.99

Discount            £8

Unlimited Minutes £18

Total £60.99

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 39

I think the original question was is Halo additional cost to the Broadband. E.g Full Fibre 900 Broadband only is £54.99 what is the cost of Full Fibre 900 with Halo 3?

I wondered this question as well because MyBT Account does not break it down.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 39

Thank you for replying.  Yes that is what I am wondering.  I never use the extending round halo and would hate to think part of that £60 was going to pay for something that just sits there.  I have been thinking of changing to a less expensive supplier.  But would the others soon put there charges up too?

Regards ...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 39

You will know if you have BT Halo by looking at the menu in My BT as soon as you login. If you do, you will have a “Your BT Halo” option to enable you to manage the benefits.

HaloHalo

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 39

@stereohaven  Thank you, but that is not the question. The question is how much is Halo 3 on top of the standard broadband or is it free?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 39

@Dippu I was answering the original “how would I know if I have it” post by @jb1441 .

In terms of your query, there is no answer because it isn’t a standard price add on.

For example, I was paying £32.99 for Fibre 2 and at the time, Halo3+ was £76.99 (I kid you not).

You might assume £76.99 minus £32.99 gives you the value of Halo3+, but because prices and deals constantly change, I actually upgraded to Halo3+ when it was £44.99.

So you can’t say Halo is £x, because it varies based on what you are paying now and what deal is offered at the time. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 39

Halo 3 and Halo 3+ are different things.  Halo 3+ provides a Hybrid Connect device whereas Halo 3 doesn't.

As @stereohaven has said, it is impossible to give a price for the benefits as they come as part of a package and are not itemised. Having Halo 3+ will definitely be more expensive than either Halo 3 or no Halo.

Message 9 of 39

Hi @jb1441 

Just to give you another example.

I currently have Fibre 2 for £25.99 which includes a £8 discount.

I am being offered Fibre 2 with Halo 3 for £34 extra a month making £59.99 (I kid you not).

To answer your question. You are probably paying double for Halo 3 or an extra 100%.

Message 10 of 39

@VeteranISPUser Great answer and it will help me to decide in November when contract expires. I am looking to downgrade from Full Fibre 900 with Halo 3 to Full Fibre 100 no Halo. At the moment I'm paying approx. £74 with phone line.

Thanks.

0 Ratings