cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 39

Re: BT Halo Charges

Hi @Dippu  Just be aware, they will be extremely reluctant to offer you anything without Halo. Once you have it, they may prefer you to leave, rather than remove it. I had to leave to get them to take off my Halo 3+. They then called and offered to beat the new ISP price which I took.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 39

There is also a debate to be had @Dippu if Halo3+ offers any real benefit when you are already on the far more robust FTTP.

I have FTTC and having a back up in place when running on an ancient copper line makes sense to me at the right price, but you have fibre all the way into the house which is much more reliable.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 39

Exactly, Halo 3+ on full fibre is definitely not worth having.

Message 14 of 39

Great responses. I’m surprised that I won’t be allowed to downgrade unless I leave.

I have FTTP and no longer have requirements for high speeds, it’s money down the drain. We’ll see what happens in November.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 39

Just to muddy the waters further, I can add Halo for £16.84. I'm correctly not offered Halo+ as I have no usable EE signal.

Checking a Fibre enabled area as a new customer, there's no mention of Halo at all. You can add Complete WiFi for £10 &/or Hybrid Connect for £7. No mention of a MiFi device in case of a fault, Home Tech visits except for installation or the renewal price promise. So it looks like they're fiddling with the "enhanced" packages yet again.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 39

@rbz5416wrote:

Checking a Fibre enabled area as a new customer, there's no mention of Halo at all. You can add Complete WiFi for £10 &/or Hybrid Connect for £7. No mention of a MiFi device in case of a fault, Home Tech visits except for installation or the renewal price promise. So it looks like they're fiddling with the "enhanced" packages yet again.

There is lierally a "Discover BT Halo" option at the top of this & every page where you can see halo deals available as a new customer when you inoput an address, hardly fiddling with the packages at all

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 39

@Dippuwrote:

We’ll see what happens in November.

Hi @Dippu   Please come back and let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 39

👍
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 39

@jb1441  @Dippu  - I've been in a similar situation since my contract ended at the end of March. Paying £67.50 for Fibre Halo 3+ (73mb), with no option to downgrade or remove Halo with My BT. At the time I called the 'Values' team on a number of occasions and BT would not budge, only offering a speed upgrade for a small increase. There was no way I could remove Halo and reduce my monthly budget without leaving.

I then posted a complaint on the Community boards and received assistance from the Mods (who were great), who suddenly stated that I could downgrade and offered prices akin to new customers. We then unfortunately had a personal family illness to deal with, so the account has been left ever since (out of contract).

Fast forward to November and I'm looking to take out a new contract with BT or move to EE, so I thought I would phone up the Values team again - just to test the water. Surprise surprise, all the quotes are for Halo 3+ packages and it was stated that 'I am locked into Halo forever unless I leave'. The prices are extortionate and due to having TV with BT, I cannot move to EE unless I cancel my TV with BT and then re-join with TV only. The EE prices are also all upgrades for additional cost.

Basically the only easy way to get out of Halo is to get a Mod on here to assist you - but that takes days to get a response. 

Message 20 of 39

@Puma937 Thanks for heads up! , I'm very surprised that BT can get away with this. There is nothing in T&Cs saying that you are locked in for life unless you leave.

I will find out end of November.

0 Ratings