cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Home Essentials switch

Hi

I have been attempting to change from Talk talk broadband and phone package to BT home Essentials.

First off unable to complete this online. Then phone customer services. Unable to transfer existing phone number which we've had since 1978! 

We decide we would still like to go ahead with the swap even though it means a new number. Call BT agent who confirms we are now registered. However when email comes through its for a different package.

On phone again, BT rep says not to worry i'll get it sorted. We think it is good to go until we get an email later saying your services are stopping, no other reason given.

on phone again, rinse and repeat, another contract, BT rep confirms good to go until later again the your services are stopping

We have absolutely no idea whats happening now despite hours on the phone. Is it possible somebody senior can have a look at this for us please?

Best Regards

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Home Essentials switch

The account holder must qualify as per. This link

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Home Essentials switch

Hi @nannyham1,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you've had difficulties signing up for Home Essentials. 

Have you had a chance to look at the link @imjolly posted? Does the account holder qualify for Home Essentials?

When you tried to place the order online, what happened, were you given any error messages?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings