cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Home Essentials

Go to solution

Folks,

I believe I qualify for BT Home Essentials, however when I try to complete the application form, the DOB actually shows my wife's and won't allow me to change it.

Previous BT accounts, many years ago were in her name, but my details, including my DOB, are all on the current account profile and personal details. I've even re-entered them again.

Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Home Essentials

Go to solution

Hi, @Mark141 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. If view a bill online is it in your name or your wife's? The MyBT account profile could be in your name if you registered the BT ID but the account could still belong to your wife. I hope that makes sense?

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I downloaded a pdf of the last bill and sure enough it's in my wife's name.

Can I change that?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

that is the problem as the account holder and claimant have to be the same.  you cannot change the BT account holder name.  there are other posts exactly the same as your if you use the search facility

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Mark141 Do you know if the account is still within the minimum term? If your wife's account is out of contract you could place the order online as a new customer and take over the service in your name.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings