cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT ID not recognised, complaint raised

Go to solution

I had no idea which post category to select as there was not one specific to my needs and I cannot access my account to ask for help there. 

A couple of days ago I tried to login to my account but my ID was not recognised. To cut a very long story short, I contacted live chat who confirmed that the issue was in BT's end and assured me it would be resolved within three hours. I have the chat transcripts as proof.

The problem is still there. I cannot log in, I cannot request a new password as my ID is not recognised and I really need to order a new sim card for my son. He has special needs and has just come out of hospital and really needs his phone. 

Please can someone look into this as a matter of urgency. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT ID not recognised, complaint raised

Go to solution

Hi @angeljs

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for posting.

I am sorry for the problems you're having logging into your BTID and arranging the SIM card.  We're a very small team and it would take us a few days to pick up your details.  I understand this needs to be looked into urgently.

The best advice I could give you would be to give my colleagues in the helpdesk a call on 0330 1234 150.  You'll get some help with this today that way.

Feel free to post back and let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Okay, I called that number but as usual, none of the options deals with my issue, it's only about BT services, such as email, broadband and TV, nothing to do with account issues. Which do I choose?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

I eventually got through to someone. After almost an hour on the phone, still nothing has been resolved. She has 'escalated' the issue (which has already been done once, apparently) and has promised to call me back in 2 days' time. She was a lovely, helpful lady, but she couldn't understand the issue, which is why she's had to pass it on. Nothing she tried worked. My ID is on the system, but not recognised when I try to login, and when I click on the activation email, I just get the message that my ID has not been activated. Sooo frustrating! I've been with BT for years and never had an issue like this before. We even tried signing up with a different email address, but that didn't work, either.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Don't post it here but is your BTID a BTMail email address and is the password the same for your BTID and your BTMail email account?

If it is, do you have access to that BTMail email account?

If you do have access to the BTMail account it should mean that your BTID is active. Have you tried getting into your MyBT that way and if not changing the password via the email account?

To do that log onto your BTMail account and then click on your username at the top right hand side. Once there click on "account info". First thing to try is  to click on "manage email addresses". It should bring up the MyBT log on page. Does it let you log on that way?

If not in "account info" click on " Change my Password" does it let you go through the procedure?

If neither of the above works it would appear that your MyBT has become corrupted and it will take moderator intervention to deal with it.

Post back how you get on with the above and if need be I will notify the moderators.

If that does not work     

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I've tried everything you suggested but still can't access my account. 

This morning I was supposed to receive a phone call at 10am, but of course I never did. I even tried signing up for a new ID using my account number. I got signed up, verified my ID, went through all of the palaver of setting up 2-factor security, but every time I try to log in, it just loads a page telling me I have to verify my ID again.

I'm extremely frustrated about this. If I can't access my account by the end of this week I'll take my business elsewhere. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

First of all, I do not work for BT and as such I have no interest if you take your business elsewhere or not.

The moderator has already commented on your thread and clearly stated that you were to post back after having dealt with the customer service. This would be to see if further help was needed.

As it would appear that further assistance is needed I am sure he will re contact you on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @angeljs, sorry that you've not been contacted back and still can't access your account online.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you further.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you for your PM. Again someone promised to call me yesterday, and again it never arrived. I'd like to be released from my contract so I can go with another provider. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I've also received an email to say that BT have closed my case, even though nothing has been resolved. 

0 Ratings