0 Ratings
Message 12 of 32

Re: BT Login access denied

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @kenneth456, if you were unable to set up a new BTID then get in touch with us on the 'Message now' option on this page and a guide will be able to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution

I tried setting up a new BTID and it showed me my original logon and said do you want to use this, so it knows I have a BTID but wont let me sign in using it.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @kenneth456, as your login is not an email address it will not function as a BTID should. You can set up another one as suggested and claim it as the 'account holder' using your email address as the log in name.
If you need help try the 'Message now' link I posted previously.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 32

Go to solution

Great, changed my BTID to my BT email and now able to log on to my account, thank you for your help solving this.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution

Hi John

I have the same problem with Access Denied when trying to login to my BT account.

My user ID is not my email address, so I assume that this may be the same problem as Kenneth.

Can you please explain how to change the user ID to my email address....in simple terms.

Thanks

Malcolm

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution

Hi John 

I am also suddenly experiencing problems  - unable to login to my MY BT account. I successfully changed the password, as instructed, but still get Access Denied. This is so frustrating as all I want to do is check and understand my latest BT bill. My BT User ID is in the format x.yyyy so is not exactly an email format. It has been this way for 20 years + with no problems. Please advise what I have to do!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 32

Go to solution

I used this advice from   Licquorice and it solve mall my problems.                                                                                                           You could try creating a new BTid, https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/what-is-a-bt-id-and-how-can-i-get-one-

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

Many thanks for that! I found that the email User ID I wanted to use in fact already existed for some unknown reason. But I was able to use it and change the password after a brief "lock-out" pause, and now I'm in ! What an entertaining morning!

0 Ratings